Register Now
StaceyPowers

How long can you tolerate between autosaves?

3 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

It drives me crazy if I can’t have an autosave or manual save every 15-20 minutes at most. What is your limit?

Roughly about the same. As a matter of fact, when I can save manually, I tend to normally do it every few minutes or when I'm heading into an unknown area.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Roughly about the same. As a matter of fact, when I can save manually, I tend to normally do it every few minutes or when I'm heading into an unknown area.

Same! Hah, I thought my frequent saves were just an OCD thing. But then again, considering how much Skyrim we both play, maybe Bethesda has trained us to save often with its frequent bugs.

It's not just about time. What I hate is having to re-play parts of games I already beaten. So there should be an autosave point after each encounter. If I had to replay 15 minutes of a game I'd quit then and there. And probably not return for a few days at least.

I do not minde the autosave on games as long as there is still an option on me to save myself when I leave the game 😉 valheim does not have a manualsave option but with the console I can type in save then it saves the game 🙂 it's not the way to save but I do that. 

On 5/16/2021 at 11:10 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Same! Hah, I thought my frequent saves were just an OCD thing. But then again, considering how much Skyrim we both play, maybe Bethesda has trained us to save often with its frequent bugs.

Not just that - with my luck I'll plan to save at certain point, don't bother to do it and then seconds after that, I'm dead. Sometimes, I just misstep and plummet way down some mountain or some weird stuff like an enemy accidentally knocks me into a trap. In video games, when my luck is good it's amazing but when it's bad, I'll probably die 3 times within a minute because of some stupid stuff.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:47 PM, StaceyPowers said:

It drives me crazy if I can’t have an autosave or manual save every 15-20 minutes at most. What is your limit?

Seriously, the auto save feature is a very cool one because it saves you a whole lot of stress from manual saving and potentially forgetting to save.