Register Now
StaceyPowers

What opinions have you changed over time with respect to gaming or the industry?

Have you had a major change in opinion on any gaming-related topic over time?

I’d say going from a complete hatred of third person to a tolerant dislike has been a big change for me.

Also, I used to think people who sunk hundreds of hours into games had no real lives. Now I am one of those people, and understand that for some of us, gaming is the best way for us to have experiences that are unavailable to us IRL.

I used to think that games that weren't purely medieval style games were pointless, as gaming was supposed to be a means of escape. Now, however, the majority of my games aren't medieval in any way. Granted a lot still are, but most are anything but. Even 10 years ago that was pretty much my thinking, with a rare exception.

Growing up, I used to dislike most RPG games but they eventually grew on me and it's now probably one of my favorite genres of gaming. The opposite is true of racing and most fighting games - growing up I loved them but they've become so dull and boring to me I only bother with certain games.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Growing up, I used to dislike most RPG games but they eventually grew on me and it's now probably one of my favorite genres of gaming. The opposite is true of racing and most fighting games - growing up I loved them but they've become so dull and boring to me I only bother with certain games.

I had the exact same dislike of RPGs, I only started slowly coming around after Mass Effect. But I still don't like the RPG genre per se, I like RPGs that can be played as immersive sims only.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:34 PM, killamch89 said:

I have literally canceled out almost all the games genre that I love playing 😂 but I'm glad you have a turn around and liking it now. 

On 5/25/2021 at 3:04 AM, killamch89 said:

So you too loved to play fighting games in childhood? I remember I was a huge fan of Tekken series and Street fighter. I can't really elaborate how much I was excited to play these games at that time.

But playing these games now feels boring, as there is no objectives involved. I prefer to play only RPG games these days, which have objectives and mission to complete. 😊

On 5/25/2021 at 11:47 AM, m76 said:

I had the exact same dislike of RPGs, I only started slowly coming around after Mass Effect. But I still don't like the RPG genre per se, I like RPGs that can be played as immersive sims only.

My very good friends Mark don't like playing any RPGs when he's was a little younger but currently it's one of his favorites.