Register Now
StaceyPowers

When you lose a fight, is it your instinct to blame yourself or the game?

Sometimes it actually is the game. For example the other day I was ambushed in RDR2 and the game wouldn't let me dismount my horse or move. I ended up getting killed because I had no way of taking cover or moving out of the way from the bullets. That one was entirely the game. I was more than pissed from that bullshit. If I had had the option of taking cover or riding anywhere to make them have a harder time hitting me, then it would have been different.

Edited by The Blackangel

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Sometimes it actually is the game. For example the other day I was ambushed in RDR2 and the game wouldn't let me dismount my horse or move. I ended up getting killed because I had no way of taking cover or moving out of the way from the bullets. That one was entirely the game. I was more than pissed from that bullshit. If I had had the option of taking cover or riding anywhere to make them have a harder time hitting me, then it would have been different.

My sentiments exactly - sometimes it really is the game's fault. I'll take responsibility for me messing up by myself but when the game mechanics is the one that caused the failure, then I'll blame the game.

It could go either way, but I think I'm generally inclined to think that since there is always a way to get through something, its my job to figure out what that way is (or figure out A way, if there's more than one).  To be honest though, there are many times when I spend time wondering if a game is doing something wrong or unfairly or not, or cheating me somehow.  Personally I think its not always clear.

No one cares about the blame. Blame Rito like everyone and their dog if you like. The point is not about whose fault it is. The point is that blaming teammates for your rank doesn't help you improve or climb. Blame the hackers if they win, UMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On 5/26/2021 at 8:07 PM, StaceyPowers said:

If you lose a fight in a game, is it your first instinct to think “I screwed up” or is it  your first thought that “the game cheated me/glitched/etc”?

Well, I believe that it's definitely the players fault to win and it's glory to win, there is no way blaming the game can be justified.