Register Now
Shagger

Horizon Forbidden West - State of Play Gameplay Reveal June 27nth 2021

All I can say about this is that it looks fantastic! Some interesting new gameplay elements and an intriguing little tease of the story. Combat against human seems to have been improved the combat mechanics look more strategy based than they were in the original. They mentioned that there will some kind of crafting system to upgrade weapons which sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what that has to offer. Horizon Zero Dawn was my favourite game on the PS4 and I have very high expectations of this and couldn't be more hyped. No launch date yet, but that's fine. Better wait until they are certain they will make the promised release window than trying to announce a launch too early to then end up having to postpone the game or launch it broken.

Anyway, here's the video. Enjoy!

It looks great, they seems to going in the direction that I think fans wanted which was to expand on the existing mechanics and polish things up.  The animations have improved (especially in the faces). combat against humans seems a lot better, it looks less like the aggressive style of Assassin's Creed but instead seems to have lifted some Ideas from games relay more on defensive strategy like Breath of the Wild and Dark Souls.  If this new crafting is up to par then I think this will be something very special.

Oh and anyone thinks their smart by pointing it out, WE ALL KNOW THE GAMEPLAY IS SCRIPTED!  It's just like any other gameplay presentation.

They haven't said to much about the story and that's a good thing but I am wondering it they will expand on the storytelling as much as they are doing on the gameplay.  Like adding some player choices that affect event's or maybe a love interest(s) for Aloy.  They mentioned that she was going to the Forbidden West with her friends and of course we know that Erend is one of them and I'd guess that Talanah and Petra are there to.  Sylens will almost certainly be in the game, maybe even as the villain.  There's even been rumours of co-op but I doubt it.

Level of detailing in the game is something to look for. Apart from lens flare which makes it a bit more visible. I think details in such games with their terrains, environment kind of adds the most fun apart from rest of variables.

I really like that they've come up with an underwater mechanic with no oxygen bar, though I suspect acquiring the breathing mask will be an early quest. Likewise the upgraded climbing mechanic where the pulse shows you handholds rather than everything being covered in bits of rope.

Is anyone going to talk about how the graphics are so detailed that you can see her peach fuzz?!

10 hours ago, skyfire said:

Level of detailing in the game is something to look for. Apart from lens flare which makes it a bit more visible. I think details in such games with their terrains, environment kind of adds the most fun apart from rest of variables.

I also like the new grappling hook mechanics and the visuals are totally out of this world. If this game delivers, it'll easily be game of the year.

Here's an interview that Game Informer did with the devs.  We get some more details about some of the in game mechanics, crafting system and so on.  Worth checking out.

Edited by Crazycrab

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Here's an interview that Game Informer did with the devs.  We get some more details about some of the in game mechanics, crafting system and so on.  Worth checking out.

That small raptor monster's design is really freaking awesome and like the direction the sequel is taking. If they live up to their promises, this will easily be game of the year.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That almost looks like some kind of battle royale game with one player being the Predator. It looks quite fun though... 

It's more like an A-Symmetrical team shooter like Evolve.  It had a very shaky launch but it's apparently gotten better with patches.  Unless you have a group of friends to play with it's probably not worth bothering with.

Edited by Crazycrab

On 6/4/2021 at 1:00 AM, killamch89 said:

That small raptor monster's design is really freaking awesome and like the direction the sequel is taking. If they live up to their promises, this will easily be game of the year.

It's not even only that but can't help noticed how good and realistic in terms of graphics the game with an impressive narrative.