Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game have you been playing forever without finishing?

I remember spending months playing Limbo, it was demotivating to be honest as it was so hard and some parts couldn't be passed without the help of youtube, but i finally completed it yesterday

Wolfenstein the new order. bought the game, half the data on discs and so I had to get another guy to download the rest since I have crap inernet at the time. Two storys 13 hours each. I have not even got the first story done, 12 hours in so far. Last played it back in 2014. Never played it since then.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:28 PM, Family sedan said:

I've kind of given up on beating GT4, some of those driving missions seem impossible.

What's the issue? What platform are you playing on? I'm asking because to me, those driving missions are easier than some of the ones in San Andreas or GTA V.

No, I meant Gran Turismo 4.  The drafting battle with Skyline GTRs is hard.  The Nurburgring mission where you use a Mercedes McLaren to chase down the leaders is also hard.  I also find one of the Formula GT races to be extremely difficult.

19 hours ago, Family sedan said:

No, I meant Gran Turismo 4.  The drafting battle with Skyline GTRs is hard.  The Nurburgring mission where you use a Mercedes McLaren to chase down the leaders is also hard.  I also find one of the Formula GT races to be extremely difficult.

Ah okay - I got it. My only advice for Gran Turismo games in general is to learn how to use racing lines so that way you can come out of corners at the optimal speed but you also need an element of luck in those games as well.

Thanks for the advice.  I'm actually a really hard core gearhead, I watch all kinds of motorsports, I've been playing GT since about 1999.  I know about the out-in-out method if that's what you mean.  You can also diamond corners, or you can just run the high line.  Mostly I'll use the out-in-out method, but if I'm struggling I will search around.   As for luck, I like to leave nothing to chance if I can.  Some try to beat GT games with no mods, but in my mind that just leaves too much too chance for me to feel comfortable.

18 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Thanks for the advice.  I'm actually a really hard core gearhead, I watch all kinds of motorsports, I've been playing GT since about 1999.  I know about the out-in-out method if that's what you mean.  You can also diamond corners, or you can just run the high line.  Mostly I'll use the out-in-out method, but if I'm struggling I will search around.   As for luck, I like to leave nothing to chance if I can.  Some try to beat GT games with no mods, but in my mind that just leaves too much too chance for me to feel comfortable.

I always full spec out my cars before any race - No real life racer does that either. Who goes into a race with an unmodified car and expects to win? On another note, I'm trying to get into the racing scene myself - I am looking to get a project car and I want an Evo X. Unfortunately, they're really expensive at the moment lol so I may have to try and import one from Japan.

7 hours ago, Family sedan said:

Yeah, the final gen Evos were cool, as all Evos are.  I'm more of a Chevy fan, but I haven't turned a competitive lap in my life, I wish I could say that I had.

To be honest, I'm also considering a Camaro LT1 but I haven't entirely made up my mind yet.