Register Now
killamch89

Do You Use Password Managers

On 3/2/2022 at 7:11 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah indeed. Google eats a lot of data that we type and so they tend to control most of that.

That's basically why a lot of people are not too quick to jump into having everything they do associated with Google but that is very difficult. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

That's basically why a lot of people are not too quick to jump into having everything they do associated with Google but that is very difficult. 

Yeah the thing about google is that they kind of pretty much steal and spy on everything they own. so we automatically go to them in data just because the service is free.

16 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah the thing about google is that they kind of pretty much steal and spy on everything they own. so we automatically go to them in data just because the service is free.

Yeah, it's just how it's been for a while and most likely going to forever. People are already used to it and don't care about it anymore. 

Yeah I use the 1Password password manager because with all the sites I sign up to, I have to keep track of my passwords somehow rather than using the exact same details for literally every single site. It's so much easier that way.

11 hours ago, Zesty said:

Yeah I use the 1Password password manager because with all the sites I sign up to, I have to keep track of my passwords somehow rather than using the exact same details for literally every single site. It's so much easier that way.

Correct, it is like that for me too. I can't fancy myself using same password everywhere online, it poses risk to my personal information especially when I mistakenly signed up to a malicious site. 

10 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

I don't use password manager because I think it's a bit risky. I prefer to have secret note where I can write out my passwords and keep safely for my eyes only.

How sure are you that the secret note wouldn't be compromised? 

12 hours ago, Justin11 said:

2FA is much common to me than the so-called 'Secrete Note. Even 2FA can also be compromised, but it isn't easy to crack it. If so, many could've fell victim of scam. 

How can you have Two Factor Authentication compromised if you don't give out the login code away yourself? 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

How can you have Two Factor Authentication compromised if you don't give out the login code away yourself? 

I know it will be difficult to crack it break down. But don't get me wrong that some malicious softwares can crack it off. But it wouldn't be that easy, but never say never when it comes to security breaches online. 

On 7/23/2021 at 12:08 PM, Empire said:

Other option and savest, till you loos that 😛 HAve all passwords and information writing down in a book with pen and paper 😜 and then forget where you left the god damn book at. 

Writing all down in a book is also great, but have you thought of what will happen once you are unable to locate the book? That should be your worry at this point in time.