Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you sit still when you game, or move around?

On 8/23/2021 at 12:02 AM, StaceyPowers said:

@killamch89 and @Razor1911 mentioned in another thread moving around while playing fighting or driving games (i.e. leaning while driving) as an immersive thing.

Made me curious. How many people here tend to do this versus sit completely still while gaming?

Yeah, very correct question to ask from other players. Lol. 😆

As I mentioned, it happens when I play racing games, I really get too involved in it. It will Interesting to see what others has to say. 😆

When I'm in a racing game, depending on how into it I am, I tend to lean left and right whilst steering. When jumping in a platform game, I tend to sit upright or lean forward. Whilst agonising over a real-time with pause (RTwP) game, I tend to hunch forward to inspect every single facet of my characters to see what can be tweaked to wrench the odds into my favour. Science* shows that doing this actually improves in-game performance**.

*Not actually science.

**Does not actually improve in-game performance.

Even as a console gamer, I tend to just sit still when I'm gaming. I don't think moving around would help much for the games that I play. There are times where I will move closer to the TV but that's only with FIFA. 

On 8/25/2021 at 8:07 PM, killamch89 said:

It's a tendency I developed since I started gaming as a a kid and I do tend to move around when I'm playing things like fighting, racing or horror games. Sports/simulation type games don't tend to get that kind of reaction out of me though.

There are some gaming moments when there is no way I would be able to sit down and play because of the pressure that I'm being put through 😂.