Register Now
StaceyPowers

Are there any games you are embarrassed to play?

36 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I've been playing video games for 30 years, I have never seen anyone online nor in real life compare customising the look of a video game character to dressing up a doll. Given that this is literally the first time those two things have shared a thought in my mind, I can see there are more similarities than one would initially think, but who was it in your life that made that connection? Whoever it was was either a genius or a fool, and I honestly can't tell which. Even if it is the same thing, and I could make a plausible case for either stance, like you said it's nothing to be ashamed of. Hell, a boy playing with dolls isn't anything to be ashamed of, at least not anymore. I have a 9 year old son, and it wouldn't bother me at all it he did.

So seriously, who was it that said that because I genuinely find that fascinating.

I meant that I like playing dressup in games, as in playing with the character creator for hours. Not that I play with dolls in real life. LOL

And this actually ties in with my desire to have attractive characters in games. I play with the character creator for an hour to get the best looking character I can. Because it enhanches the whole game. So the 30-60 minutes I spend creating a character makes the rest of the game better.

As for the comparison, I cannot believe you never encountered it. I must have first seen it on another long defunct forum in the 2000s. And it would crop up in  various gaming communities whenever I or others complained about the lacking nature of the character creators in some games. In various forms such as "Who cares about the character creator, play with dolls if you want to play dress up" and several other variations of it.

But I take that as hypocrisy as well. I fully believe now that whoever gets angry at others wanting more detailed character creators are insecure about their own desires to do similar stuff.  Because if you are just not interested in a character creator, you can simply ignore it, you loose nothing. But being actively against having it? That's strange, and the only explanation I can think of is this.

Edited by m76

23 minutes ago, m76 said:

But I take that as hypocrisy as well. I fully believe now that whoever gets angry at others wanting more detailed character creators are insecure about their own desires to do similar stuff.  Because if you are just not interested in a character creator, you can simply ignore it, you loose nothing. But being actively against having it? That's strange, and the only explanation I can think of is this.

You can't think of another explanation as to why people want in depth and detailed character creation options other than people being, and I'm quoting, being "insecure about their own desires to do similar stuff." I would love to know what you think you look like when you read your posts. The answer is not only obvious it's also very simple. People like having a wide range of options to customise the look of a character. Without a wide variety of options, character creation just is not fun. You have to make things far more complex than they really are, and you do it to twist things to make them better suit your own perception of reality. This may come as a shock to you, but we're not stupid. Nobody buys your nonsense.

11 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Would you be embarrassed to play this character?

2135762137_AssassinsCreedOdyssey_20210331174453.thumb.jpg.c1dcadb5cd36ff56e52a6a8a27b0f9ff.jpg

1 hour ago, m76 said:

Yes, I'd definitely be uncomfortable playing the game in that "outfit"

Then I feel the need to make a little disclaimer if you intend to play AC Odyssey.  There is a section (as both Alexios or Cassandra) where you compete in a Pankration tournament, oiled up and in the default underwear. Despite how it might sound It's not the slightest bit sexual but whatever.

If I were still a hormonally insane pubescent teenage chemical factory then maybe playing Cassandra in her underwear might have made me blush. But as a fully grown adult what I see in this image is a badass covered in the blood of her enemies.

11 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Then I feel the need to make a little disclaimer if you intend to play AC Odyssey.  There is a section (as both Alexios or Cassandra) where you compete in a Pankration tournament, oiled up and in the default underwear. Despite how it might sound It's not the slightest bit sexual but whatever.

If I were still a hormonally insane pubescent teenage chemical factory then maybe playing Cassandra in her underwear might have made me blush. But as a fully grown adult what I see in this image is a badass covered in the blood of her enemies.

Anyone too bashful to play AC Odyssey because the main character wrestles in thier underwear will find that to be the least of thier issues. To anyone who isn't aware, AC Odyssey is set in ancient Greece, and anyone who knows anything about ancient Greece knows the only reason those people had legs was to transport their genitals to the nearest available human being. AC Odyssey stimulates that in a tasteful, but none the less accurate manner.

6 hours ago, m76 said:

Yes, I'd definitely be uncomfortable playing the game in that "outfit"

And before Shagger comes and misconstrues or deliberately misrepresents this too, I'd equally be uncomfortable playing a male character in underwear.

I’m trying to make sense of how you are uncomfortable with skin, while accusing feminists and social warrior types of influencing developers to make characters less attractive. Then you say skin is not what determines attractiveness. If it has no sway, then what does a feminist have to do with anything at all. Do they complain about a coat being too short? Breasts too large? Are you uncomfortable with large breasts? If so, then you are welcome into the very groups you attack. Maybe the fear/discomfort of skin is a religious thing instead. Or maybe the discomfort of skin, improportionate bodies could just encompass all from any background. So you have cut away with an axe your right to claim feminists or SJW for any direct responsibility of making characters less attractive. Because that could obviously come from any group. 

6 hours ago, m76 said:

I stated two things:

1. I prefer attractive or traditionally beautiful characters over plain ones all else being equal
2. That I'm uncomfortable playing games with my character in undies.

The only one seeing a conflict between the two is you. So I don't know what twisted logic are you using when you are trying to say that it's me who thinks nude = more attractive.

I caught you out for what I've been saying all the time. To quote one of my favorite writers:

"sexual moralizing by public figures is a sign of hypocrisy or worse, and most usually a desire to perform the very act that is most being condemned"

I know you are not a public figure, but you are constantly moralizing on this public forum, and accuse me of what turns out you are obviously guilty of.

I'm not implying anything you hadn't already proven. It's done, own up to it. That would actually be a virtuous thing, rather than just virtue signaling all the time.

You know, being angry doesn't solve anything, you are just digging that hole you are in deeper.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. I'll admit though that sometimes I do tend to be arrogant, but that's not personal, it's just the fact that when you hear the same false accusations laid at your feet without evidence for the nth time it becomes tedious to even argue against them.

But then you actually provide evidence to  the contrary yourself. How can I be a hypocrite if I stand by my words? And if I make a mistake I own up to it. Something which you seem incapable of.

The misguided nature of others saddens me, but it does not change my views. You know what could? Reasons and evidence for the contrary that I hold true.If you want to sway me, use evidence, not insults. Insults only hurt if they ring true.

Must be hard being you. You can't even create a proper echo chamber by hiding dissenting views. Please excuse me if I don't feel any sympathy for the hardships you endure because of me.

Let's be diligent, let's recap what my "warped" philosophy is:

1. Games should not always be an exact mirror image of reality
  2. Main characters in games should be more attractive than average
  3. Mandating racial or gender quotas in games is bad

I can see now, I'm literally the worst.

I don't know how can you measure my intelligence through a forum, but I'll take that as a compliment, thanks. And I'm not proud to be arrogant, but I'm humble enough to admit it.

Aren't you guys taking this a little bit too far? Opinions are bound to be respected to me whether it's what one likes or not. 

Let's try to be guided. 

12 hours ago, Shagger said:

Anyone too bashful to play AC Odyssey because the main character wrestles in thier underwear will find that to be the least of thier issues. To anyone who isn't aware, AC Odyssey is set in ancient Greece, and anyone who knows anything about ancient Greece knows the only reason those people had legs was to transport their genitals to the nearest available human being. AC Odyssey stimulates that in a tasteful, but none the less accurate manner.

That is historically accurate. Honestly, I like detailed character creation systems because I want my characters to fit a certain look - One of them usually is normally a replica of myself so I don't mind it being as detailed as possible.

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That is historically accurate. Honestly, I like detailed character creation systems because I want my characters to fit a certain look - One of them usually is normally a replica of myself so I don't mind it being as detailed as possible.

Seriously when a character looks odd and off, it's not always interesting and entertaining to play him or her. It's a big thing for me when it comes to characters make up.