Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you find motivation in-character in open world RPGs?

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Well, it's the objective that I have to achieve is what pumps my playing motivation in open world games. I do wander sometimes just to appreciate the scenery of some spots. 

Same here - I want to see where everything goes so I'll do the objectives. The only way I'll lose motivation is if the game itself feels like a borefest or is too limiting in some way.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Same here - I want to see where everything goes so I'll do the objectives. The only way I'll lose motivation is if the game itself feels like a borefest or is too limiting in some way.

Yeah - it's actually why when any gameplay becomes repetitive which makes it very boring, it loses any grasp on any objective which most times makes me move on from such games. 

That all depends on what motivation I want. Sometimes I want to fight, sometimes explore, sometimes mayhem. Now that I think on it, I'm mostly exploration motivated. But I like to have a point of interest to work my way towards. And usually I find things along the way that was unexpected. I find when I try to make things happen, they just don't go as planned and I get frustrated. I like it when fate of the game gods take over without me trying to force things to happen.   

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

I gain revenge when I am playing games in which AI defeated me via FIFA soccer which is a crucial match in my career mode. Playing them in return leg makes me prepare absolutely well for revenge. Also, at GTA V or S.A I don't pity for the police because they shoot me carelessly when I don't expect it.