Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much help do you want from your companions in a game?

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I normally like to do most things myself so I might carry a companion along for insurance but I don't heavily depend on them unless it's unavoidable.

Lol, at times it's unavoidable you'll do what you never planned when it comes to investing in your companion. But I can't concentrate in a video game having a companion by my side it will be distraction all day. 

11 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Lol, at times it's unavoidable you'll do what you never planned when it comes to investing in your companion. But I can't concentrate in a video game having a companion by my side it will be distraction all day. 

I agree - most of the time you have to be babysitting them because they'll get themselves into some kind of battle and be easily killed so instead of them being your bodyguard. It's the opposite way around...

33 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - most of the time you have to be babysitting them because they'll get themselves into some kind of battle and be easily killed so instead of them being your bodyguard. It's the opposite way around...

You're simply right buddy, I wouldn't have such time for my companion to babysit on me, it's distraction at its best, enemies will simply get part me easily when I am in a mission via real world adventure games. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

You're simply right buddy, I wouldn't have such time for my companion to babysit on me, it's distraction at its best, enemies will simply get part me easily when I am in a mission via real world adventure games. 

That's why I normally tell them to stay in a building or somewhere out of harm's way, that way, I don't have to concern myself with them.

I was going to say "more than they currently offer," but then I think about how many followers in the latest World of Warcraft expansions, beginning with Warlords of Draenor, go off to have more fun than I do whilst I'm sitting in a base waiting on their return so I can progress the endgame.

Honestly though, I love having companions on the proviso they can't be killed permanently, or they require me to carry their corpse and gear to a temple so they can have a Raise Dead spell cast upon them. This is why I save scum (much to my chargrin I've only just noticed that I may have to reload a save because my Cleric - the party's healer - has died) in Baldur's Gate II, and why I'm looking at companion mods for TESIV: Oblivion that will deem them essential - and thus unkillable - NPCs.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

If you paid for there products  and you have some game bugs or whatnot then you need help as much as you can, other then the game is no longer supported LOL 

Lol, when a game is marred with too many bugs their is no need of chasing after the game or playing it. I'll simply stay away or write to the support if their is option through their social media handles on what they need to improve. 

I wouldn't want them taking all the fun in the action. If there are 10 enemies, they can have 3 and I take 7. Unless they take a 4th to save my life. If I'm in stealth, DO NOT start fighting! And at least actually hide when in stealth instead of squatting out in the open as if you aren't seen. You hear me AI? 

That will be good if your companion is having another controller handling one of your team member in a mission and controlling. Then you simply share such spot, but such feature of having two gamers controlling two different characters in video isn't realistic I never experienced it before. 

On 9/30/2021 at 3:44 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

I wouldn't want them taking all the fun in the action. If there are 10 enemies, they can have 3 and I take 7. Unless they take a 4th to save my life. If I'm in stealth, DO NOT start fighting! And at least actually hide when in stealth instead of squatting out in the open as if you aren't seen. You hear me AI? 

It'd be 9 to me and one to them as I don't trust them with multiple opponents. The only time companions are useful is during a flanking maneuver where they can serve as the distraction while I take out the enemies.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:33 AM, killamch89 said:

That's why I normally tell them to stay in a building or somewhere out of harm's way, that way, I don't have to concern myself with them.

Lol, that way your companion or partner can simply fight and help you out to be victorious in conquering the enemies because she is helping out the other side.