Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you find first person or third person more immersive?

3 hours ago, Syntax said:

First person for sure, especially when you are in a VR headset. It makes things just pop out and gives you the perspective of the character 

Yeah - it's exactly how first person player is designed to be felt. For the little time I have given to playing with VR, it was awesome. 

I never got how people think first person is more immersive and the camera alone is what makes them believe they are role playing a character. That has happened zero times in my 15 years of gaming. And really I think people are using the word wrong. You don't have to share the perspective of the player character to be invested in the world. I was immersed in the world of Ragnarok Online, despite the graphics being complete ass and the camera locked at an overhead perspective.

Third person games frequently have a fixed low FOV, which gives me terrible motion sickness. I still haven't finished Mass Effect 3 because of this. Other than that, third person games just make me feel less immersed, more distant from the action, and very disoriented. I'd kill for a first person mode in Guild Wars 2.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - it's exactly how first person player is designed to be felt. For the little time I have given to playing with VR, it was awesome. 

First person game with VR is the best combination. I have tried playing third person games with VR but that was not upto the required quality. But I must say I was awestruck playing FPS game in VR mode.

On 10/2/2021 at 5:39 PM, Head_Hunter said:

FFS is always the best position when it comes to VR games or RPGs. Because at such spot it is feasible to aim perfectly and get the enemies rolling on the ground.

I'd disagree - the third person view is much better for RPGs but the First person view is the best thing for shooting games because it helps with accuracy.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'd disagree - the third person view is much better for RPGs but the First person view is the best thing for shooting games because it helps with accuracy.

Lol, but what I meant is still your conclusion buddy. I was saying is the best when it comes to positioning to aim accurately. 

6 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Lol, but what I meant is still your conclusion buddy. I was saying is the best when it comes to positioning to aim accurately. 

I usually prefer to play RPG games with third person. Even action games also, while playing FPS games, I can't play it properly. That is why I am mostly preferred to play in third person mode if given an option, Let it be any game. 

4 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

I usually prefer to play RPG games with third person. Even action games also, while playing FPS games, I can't play it properly. That is why I am mostly preferred to play in third person mode if given an option, Let it be any game. 

Everyone has choice when it comes to positional more in an RPGs. I stay in versatile positions, either FPS, or TPS, simply because enemies are tricky, I don't have to stay one spot in such a game. 

On 10/2/2021 at 12:33 PM, Razor1911 said:

First person game with VR is the best combination. I have tried playing third person games with VR but that was not upto the required quality. But I must say I was awestruck playing FPS game in VR mode.

Yeah - till date it's the only thing that I really find interesting and captivating with FPS games in VR mode. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Gamers always say FPS position is the best spot in virtual reality games. Because its at a better position to spot the enemies, it is captivating for me indeed. 

In VR games, FP is the default view and the only view that virtual reality is actually effective in.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

In VR games, FP is the default view and the only view that virtual reality is actually effective in.

You spoke well, that's the default position which VR games is mostly effective on during action contests like shooting. 

On 10/4/2021 at 7:28 AM, Razor1911 said:

I know some people who are like that but for me it depends on what I'm doing in a game. In terms of aiming properly with ranged weapons, first person is always the way to go.