Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does limited disk space inconvenience you?

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As a PC player, not really because in addition to installing another hard drive to rectify the issue, I can also use Flash Drives/other storage devices to store my games.

In the case of PC is different because PC can make use of multiple storage device simply storing the soft copy of any file be it gaming or large files. That's why I love PC for general purpose tasks not just gaming. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

In the case of PC is different because PC can make use of multiple storage device simply storing the soft copy of any file be it gaming or large files. That's why I love PC for general purpose tasks not just gaming. 

Agreed - it is a very versatile platform that is great for almost any technological task on a daily basis.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Agreed - it is a very versatile platform that is great for almost any technological task on a daily basis.

Yes, that's why I love PC than PS4 console because it will do other technological tasks which my console can't afford. Like, graphics designs, web development, software development etc. 

Edited by Justin11

Many years ago, looking back 10 years. 1TB was enought, nowadays it's nothing and you really need 5TB if not more nowadays. Games are getting way to big. All my flight sims are on one single SSD drive and that's 600GB. 250GB for MSFS2020 alone. 

COD, new game is like 150GB 😛 

Remeber that you do not ahve to have every god damn game installed, I uninstalled so many unplayed games and saved 200GB space. If I'm done with a game, I remove it. Remove things you not going to use. 

My PC has 6TB all up in drive space. 

I've got a 1tb ps4 and right now my storage says 769gb/861 gb. And I have no more free space for any update. So that is 1000gb - 860gb = 140gb used for console functions. 860gb - 770gb = 90gb being used for who knows what. That is a total of 230gb out of 1000gb that I can’t use.

Here are my games:

GTA5=88GB

AC VALHALLA=123GB; after losing my save data I still reinstalled the game

AC ODYSSEY=124GB

AC ORIGINS=76GB

AC EZIO COLLECTION=38GB

AC SYNDICATE=46GB

TLOU2=84GB

HORIZON ZERO DAWN=48GB

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA=44GB

DAYS GONE=38GB

MAD MAX=33GB

EVIL WITHIN 2=32GB

WITCHER 3=42GB trying to complete DLC

That’s 13 games. Does it really seem like a lot to use up a 1tb drive?

20 minutes ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

With all the updates, all them gb accumulate. Do you not have updates on your games? 

Its already night here, their is no how I can compile the list of my video games seize list and give you the best result since I'm feeling weak, and sleepy. 

I may well have to admit defeat and start moving a lot of games to external media, just so I can free up the necessary space on my system. I've got a HDD, an SSD and an NVME drive coming up to just over 2TB of storage... and I'm struggling. Lord have mercy come the next Call of Duty: Black Ops update...

This is one thing I have to give to consoles: if there's clutter, I know where to find it and out how to get rid of it. What's necessary and what ain't on my C Drive is akin arcane lore lost upon me.

2 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I may well have to admit defeat and start moving a lot of games to external media, just so I can free up the necessary space on my system. I've got a HDD, an SSD and an NVME drive coming up to just over 2TB of storage... and I'm struggling. Lord have mercy come the next Call of Duty: Black Ops update...

This is one thing I have to give to consoles: if there's clutter, I know where to find it and out how to get rid of it. What's necessary and what ain't on my C Drive is akin arcane lore lost upon me.

It's always freaking Call Of Duty that takes up most of the memory! Seriously, what is in these games?

On 10/8/2021 at 3:48 PM, Head_Hunter said:

One terabyte drive can simply contain a this options you simply listed, because I never saw any of the 13 games you listed here going above 50GB in data size. 

One terabyte hard drives definitely can't help you much when it comes to COD games. One update is like 100GB - like what the hell is in these games?