Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does anyone prefer gaming without followers/companions?

Usually, I like to play games with followers or companions. In fact, I normally max out my slots. But once in a while, I am without a follower for one reason or another, and do like not having to constantly keep track of NPCs and check to make sure they are okay, not glitching, not stuck, etc.

Does anyone here have a strong preference for playing without followers? If so, what do you like about it?

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

When a follower becomes a liability, what's the essence of having such follower around? They would basically make my work harder for me which I don't fancy most of the time. 

Same here - I don't like having to babysit my follower. I mean if I wanted to become to baby sit in-game, I'd just become an in-game nanny...

Some games don't make sense without companions like Dragon Age or Mass Effect. But otherwise in games where the followers don't serve a narrative purpose I prefer to go solo. I played 99.9% of Skyrim and Fallout4 solo. The AI of the companions is just so bad that it hurts immersion. Until NPC AI can get to level where it acts in a realistic manner I'd rather not have them at all. Oh, and coop is not a solution to this problem, humans are often even worse than AI. At least the AI is programmed not to break character.

Edited by m76

19 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Same here - I don't like having to babysit my follower. I mean if I wanted to become to baby sit in-game, I'd just become an in-game nanny...

tenor.gif

Imagine having to drag my follower like that all the way through the game... It's going to be exhausting. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

tenor.gif

Imagine having to drag my follower like that all the way through the game... It's going to be exhausting. 

This is very hilarious. It sure do looks like an obedient follower from the way he's following. On the record, being a leader isn't an easy task. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

This is very hilarious. It sure do looks like an obedient follower from the way he's following. On the record, being a leader isn't an easy task. 

Don't you see how good and calm he was just following the lady that was taking him on a course. It's not making life difficult for the leader as a follower. 

7 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's this one a video game or a meme animation? 

It looks funny though, I am still enjoying the action of the lady dragging the young lad in a leader - follower role, lol. 

1 minute ago, Head_Hunter said:

It's this one a video game or a meme animation? 

It looks funny though, I am still enjoying the action of the lady dragging the young lad in a leader - follower role, lol. 

It's a meme from the looks of it. I actually shared it from Gif just to explain more on the subject of how a follower behaves. 

29 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's a meme from the looks of it. I actually shared it from Gif just to explain more on the subject of how a follower behaves. 

Laughs, it is funny though. No problem you made my day through the picture I must appreciate it buddy. It truly represents the way a leader leads his or her follower on the right path. 

11 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Laughs, it is funny though. No problem you made my day through the picture I must appreciate it buddy. It truly represents the way a leader leads his or her follower on the right path. 

Yeah - with the way the little kid was following the lady without making their walk difficult shows he's a good follower. If your game companion is doing same, you won't have any problems with carrying him along. 

59 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - with the way the little kid was following the lady without making their walk difficult shows he's a good follower. If your game companion is doing same, you won't have any problems with carrying him along. 

You're simply right. If the companion partners will flow well in the battle ahead like the way the little baby did it will really make our time together tremendous, defeating the enemies without qualms.