Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you find video game reviews or video game essays more insightful?

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

I was actually able to get from going through Wikipedia. I hope it's something that's helpful for you in your inquiry. 

The Vid Kid's Book of Home Video Games published by Rawson Stovall is a good one. 

Rawson Stovall have written a lot of great books and I believe that he did an excellent job with his work on The Vid Kid's Book of Home Video Games. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

Do you mean like books that have game's reviews or just information about a particular video game or something? 

Can be all of the above. Essentially books about a developers journey in making games, getting into the business, coding for popular games, the stories about working with other developers and big time publishers. Etc. Just anything that has to do with the inner workings of the gaming industry. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I was actually able to get from going through Wikipedia. I hope it's something that's helpful for you in your inquiry. 

The Vid Kid's Book of Home Video Games published by Rawson Stovall is a good one. 

Yeah wikipedia is okay for some things, but it's not the greatest when it comes to finding reviews and details about certain books. As well as book recommendations. Wikipedia is great to discover some things, but you need to dig deeper elsewhere to get a better picture sometimes. I'll check that one out. 

23 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Can be all of the above. Essentially books about a developers journey in making games, getting into the business, coding for popular games, the stories about working with other developers and big time publishers. Etc. Just anything that has to do with the inner workings of the gaming industry. 

Yeah wikipedia is okay for some things, but it's not the greatest when it comes to finding reviews and details about certain books. As well as book recommendations. Wikipedia is great to discover some things, but you need to dig deeper elsewhere to get a better picture sometimes. I'll check that one out. 

Did you get to check out the one he came up with on The Vid Kid's Book of Home Video Games? 

13 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It's alright my friend. If it's not something that can work out for you, you can still keep on looking for better options. Good luck. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's alright my friend. If it's not something that can work out for you, you can still keep on looking for better options. Good luck. 

You have already did your best to have at least one recommendation. So, it's all up to him to make use of it or get more from other sources. 

On 2/2/2022 at 2:03 PM, Boblee said:

Did you get to check out the one he came up with on The Vid Kid's Book of Home Video Games? 

I have not, but will have to check it out one of these days. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Thanks. I'm open to many book suggestions, just anything relating to the game development, its history, the people working in the industry and their stories, and so many more. 

17 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Thanks. I'm open to many book suggestions, just anything relating to the game development, its history, the people working in the industry and their stories, and so many more. 

Can think off quite a few books that are worth a read but not really sure if it's okay to post publishers names on here.

16 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Can think off quite a few books that are worth a read but not really sure if it's okay to post publishers names on here.

That would be fine.

I'm a moderator, so I can assure you if want to recommend a book, you can recommend a book. It's well within the rules to recommend games, movies, TV shows, music and books. What we DON'T allow is posts that promote something that hasn't been approved as an affiliate. If you want to recommend a book, you totally can, just not as an affiliate. Please check our Forum Rules and Guidelines for the full details.

Let me know if you need anything else on tis issue. I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Edited by Shagger

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Alright buddy. I'm going to look into the possibilities of getting more recommendations for you by tomorrow hopefully. 

16 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I can't wait to get some of your recommendations. I'm looking forward to reading something that's interesting and worth my read time. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

I can't wait to get some of your recommendations. I'm looking forward to reading something that's interesting and worth my read time. 

I'll have a look over the weekend of what i have, post a picture off a bunch off books that are worth checking out so you can google them yourself . Don't want to break forum rules by try this site or this one. 

Ive been looking at thrift stores for older retro game books. More from the 90s and 80s. It's hard to find stuff like that in my area. 

16 hours ago, Heatman said:

Alright buddy. I'm going to look into the possibilities of getting more recommendations for you by tomorrow hopefully. 

Awesome, sounds good. 👌 

50 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You can look up the possibility of getting  Gamish – By Edward Ross. The book is a beautiful graphic novel about the history of games. It's definitely going to an interesting read. 

Hmm, I'll have to check that one out too. Thanks! 👍

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

Ive been looking at thrift stores for older retro game books. More from the 90s and 80s. It's hard to find stuff like that in my area. 

Awesome, sounds good. 👌 

Hmm, I'll have to check that one out too. Thanks! 👍

I did told you about my going to look for possible recommendation for you today and I found one after a long search. I hope it helps. 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

I did told you about my going to look for possible recommendation for you today and I found one after a long search. I hope it helps. 

You're definitely a man of your word. There are some people whom their words doesn't mean shit to them, talk more about keeping it to others.