Register Now
StaceyPowers

Quest markers on the screen: helpful or annoying?

45 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't like it when it becomes annoying and covering the in-game screen, that's when it will get me upset to turn it off immediately. 

What do you mean by covering the in-game screen? I haven't seen that per say in the games that I have played. 

Just now, Boblee said:

What do you mean by covering the in-game screen? I haven't seen that per say in the games that I have played. 

I've seen some hints via my mobile mobile and PS2 of old, covering the game screen. You'll see it popping up in the top left, or top right corner of the in-game screen covering the game-play. 

1 hour ago, Syntax said:

I would say helpful, unless it legit just keeps telling you hints when you are possibly doing them already or already have completed the hint it’s suggesting. 

It's more like having the same thing being repeated over and over again which is simply just a disturbance to the gamer. 

Quest markers are distracting but not in the way you think. If you have a quest marker you go there in a straight line without regard to anything else. If you don't have one that encourages exploration and makes the game far more immersive. The unguided mode was introduced in Assassin's Creed Odyssey and it was an  instant hit with me. They also carried it over to the Ghost Recon franchise with Breakpoint.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, Head_Hunter said:

Provided it stays cool near the bottom left corner or right corner, without being annoying and distorting my fun playing games, I wouldn't worry about it. 

If the Quest markers  are straight dead on point, it's definitely going to be very helpful in aiding the gamer to complete the game as quickly as possible. 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:43 PM, StaceyPowers said:

Do you find quest markers on your screen helpful or distracting? For me it seems to vary widely, depending on the game.

Personally, I believe that they are always helpful, otherwise they wouldn't be made available in the games to begin with. 

Kingdom Come used only a few and very imprecise markers. It helped to increase the immersion but it was easy to miss out on quests and you never knew it was because a script was bugged and something just didn't trigger or if you were too stupid to find it.

On 11/23/2021 at 11:13 AM, Boblee said:

If the Quest markers  are straight dead on point, it's definitely going to be very helpful in aiding the gamer to complete the game as quickly as possible. 

Sometimes, there is always a good reason why some of the Quest markers tend to be longer because they need to cover a lot of ground. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

Sometimes, there is always a good reason why some of the Quest markers tend to be longer because they need to cover a lot of ground. 

When they are too long, they tend to bore me to death. Most of the time, I don't really use it always to say the least.