Register Now
Kane99

Your all time favorite video game trailer?

On 7/3/2022 at 4:15 PM, Dannyjax said:

This is one of my favorite scenes in The Monkey King : Reborn. I'm sure they will have something similar to that in the game Black Myth: Wukong.  

It's the use of Ruyi Jingu Bang in the fighting by Sun Wukong that caught my interest. How he made it so big to kill that his opponent was incredible. I can't wait to try that out in Black Myth: Wukong when it finally comes out. 

5 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

The video game's name is Black Myth: Wukong and the Chinese animation after the game is The Monkey King : Reborn. They are two different videos. 

Thanks for the response man, you've helped me get the name of the game, and the animation that is associated with it. 

Edited by Justin11

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

This Assassin’s Creed: Revelations trailer is a really good one.

I absolutely love this trailer. From old man Ezio, to that awesome song. This is how you make a top notch cinematic trailer. Then again, Assassin's Creed has been known to produce some great trailers over the years. But hands down, this trailer is the best AC has ever had to offer. At least in terms of trailers. Honestly I'd say it's Ubisoft's best trailer of all time. 

On 8/4/2022 at 2:42 AM, Clasher said:

I have watched that trailer more than 10 times and whenever I rewatch it, it still feels like the first time I'm seeing it. The trailer had a good impact on the sales of the game if I remembered correctly. About 61% of the game was sold under 24 hours which was over 7 millions copies shipped worldwide. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have watched that trailer more than 10 times and whenever I rewatch it, it still feels like the first time I'm seeing it. The trailer had a good impact on the sales of the game if I remembered correctly. About 61% of the game was sold under 24 hours which was over 7 millions copies shipped worldwide. 

I wouldn't say I watched the trailer that much, but I did watch it a few times. For me it's mainly that music that I like. The trailer otherwise is kinda bleh imo. The music is what makes it for me. And hey, it probably helped draw more people in. 

On 8/4/2022 at 9:42 AM, Clasher said:

On 8/4/2022 at 1:14 PM, Kane99 said:

I absolutely love this trailer. From old man Ezio, to that awesome song. This is how you make a top notch cinematic trailer. Then again, Assassin's Creed has been known to produce some great trailers over the years. But hands down, this trailer is the best AC has ever had to offer. At least in terms of trailers. Honestly I'd say it's Ubisoft's best trailer of all time. 

I remember loving this trailer a lot... The Ezio arc of the Assassin's Creed was truly the best storyline of all.
I also remember being hyped about the Assassin's Creed movie, but it turned out to be just okay, not highly epic though. 😐

3 hours ago, Gonassis said:

I remember loving this trailer a lot... The Ezio arc of the Assassin's Creed was truly the best storyline of all.
I also remember being hyped about the Assassin's Creed movie, but it turned out to be just okay, not highly epic though. 😐

Yeah, I couldn't help but post it here seeing that no one remembered how epic this trailer was.

The movie was good but you could rate it a 6/10 because it was just a bit above average

On 8/4/2022 at 6:14 AM, Kane99 said:

But hands down, this trailer is the best AC has ever had to offer. At least in terms of trailers. Honestly I'd say it's Ubisoft's best trailer of all time. 

I actually agree with you on this, I haven't seen any AC game cinematic trailer that was this good.

15 hours ago, Heatman said:

The trailer had a good impact on the sales of the game if I remembered correctly. About 61% of the game was sold under 24 hours which was over 7 millions copies shipped worldwide. 

It was one of the highest grossing games that year and it was a massive success world wide.

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I wouldn't say I watched the trailer that much, but I did watch it a few times. For me it's mainly that music that I like. The trailer otherwise is kinda bleh imo. The music is what makes it for me. And hey, it probably helped draw more people in. 

It surely helped draw it a lot of gamers to the game no doubt. For a game to have its sale's record up to 61% of the whole sales in just 24 hours says a lot how good it was marketed and the tool used which the trailer was among did an excellent job. 

Even if I choose my favourite trailer now based on upcoming games, it wouldn't take time, another one gonna pop-up and I'll prefer that one to the previous one. So, their is no need to make any trailer my best at the moment. I love what I've seen around God of war Ragnarok, MGP 22 trailers. 

What are you favorite game trailers, but for awful games? Or games that were okay but got awesome trailers? For me it was probably dead islands trailer, which has been previously mentioned. But the game itself wasn't all that great. It was fun for a while, but got repetitive and boring after a while. But that trailer though. 

What other trailers sold you on awful games?

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

What are you favorite game trailers, but for awful games? Or games that were okay but got awesome trailers? For me it was probably dead islands trailer, which has been previously mentioned. But the game itself wasn't all that great. It was fun for a while, but got repetitive and boring after a while. But that trailer though. 

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty trailer, it was all a lie down to the end where it was sold to gamer about the character of Snake in the game but in reality, it was Raiden that's the new character for the game. It wasn't a bad game to be frank but I hated being lied to. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Ride 4 is one of those such racer games where the trailer is very intriguing though the game is good but the trailer would get you so frenzied into wanting to purchase the game.

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty trailer, it was all a lie down to the end where it was sold to gamer about the character of Snake in the game but in reality, it was Raiden that's the new character for the game. It wasn't a bad game to be frank but I hated being lied to. 

Yup I remember that. I hated that you didn't play as snake all the way through. Was never a fan of Raiden. He just seemed cringe to me. 

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

Ride 4 is one of those such racer games where the trailer is very intriguing though the game is good but the trailer would get you so frenzied into wanting to purchase the game.

Yeah not a bad trailer. But it seems to be an okay game too. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yup I remember that. I hated that you didn't play as snake all the way through. Was never a fan of Raiden. He just seemed cringe to me. 

Yeah not a bad trailer. But it seems to be an okay game too. 

It was a trick that was pulled off excellently by Hideo Kojima in the game and it worked so well for him and the game. But no other game developers wanted to take that risk because of the backlash it might come with it.