Register Now
Kane99

Are video games becoming too casual/easy?

16 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's not just for video games but all the things that you do in life. If you are not well committed to doing it, you won't succeed easily. 

Yes bro, that's for general life demand. When we aren't committed we'll find it very hard to succeed doing a particular thing. To succeed, we need commitment, and passion. 

8 hours ago, Boblee said:

I think he's doing more of a generalizing thing which can't really be accurate as a result of what you mentioned with games being in multiple numbers that it's going to be hard to sum up and say it's all like this or that. 

You can never tell, if he's found all the games that he's played to be that way too easy for him. There is a possibility of that being a reality. 

I think it's generally accepted these days that games are both easier and shorter than they used to be.

Of course there's exceptions to the rule, and some people are just gluttons for punishment (ie. Super Meat Boy), but generally the poor attention span of kids pretty much force the hands of game developers in order to make their games "accessible".

9 minutes ago, Oblivion Knight said:

I think it's generally accepted these days that games are both easier and shorter than they used to be.

Of course there's exceptions to the rule, and some people are just gluttons for punishment (ie. Super Meat Boy), but generally the poor attention span of kids pretty much force the hands of game developers in order to make their games "accessible".

The way that you put it is quite more understandable to a very reasonable extent. The easy made games are simply based on what gamers are clamoring for. 

I really don't think either that present video games are made easy, their are still majority of them that are naturally hard even when you lower the difficulty. What's the major issues now, isn't nthe difficulty level, is the casualty of the games, no attention given to it in terms of checking for it's game-play, if it's realistic or not, then work on it when it is lacking fluidity that makes it realistic. 

19 hours ago, Boblee said:

The way that you put it is quite more understandable to a very reasonable extent. The easy made games are simply based on what gamers are clamoring for. 

It's only the useless few upgrades that come from part of the gaming fans that don't have much say on what really matters that they would be quick to attend to. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

If the devs are putting real work, and put quality video game as priority I believe they could've been the talk if the town, but they've chosen money over building a reputation that is cherished by all gamers. 

The problem isn't the dev but the company's heads that want a particular something done or not done in their game. The Devs are nothing but the tools. 

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

The problem isn't the dev but the company's heads that want a particular something done or not done in their game. The Devs are nothing but the tools. 

The game companies hire those devs and instruct them what they ought to produce that's why they aren't in disagreement with the devs in anyway. 

22 hours ago, Boblee said:

This is actually the challenge that the games developers actually experiencing because whatever thing they do is what the head of the company's want them to do.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:31 AM, Head_Hunter said:

If the devs are putting real work, and put quality video game as priority I believe they could've been the talk if the town, but they've chosen money over building a reputation that is cherished by all gamers. 

If the game developers actually allowed to do things the way I believe that majority of the video games that we get today will be very exceptional.

14 hours ago, Boblee said:

If the game developers actually allowed to do things the way I believe that majority of the video games that we get today will be very exceptional.

Sure, it could've been more exceptional, but they never picked from our suggestions, they simply believed their own is the perfect for their game production. 

11 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Sure, it could've been more exceptional, but they never picked from our suggestions, they simply believed their own is the perfect for their game production. 

Yeah it's how games used to be decades ago, when what the gamers wanted are always ensured but that's nothing anymore. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

They simply dash our suggestions away, because they knew it will waste their time, and costing them more funds, which they simply don't want to spend. 

Exactly, if what the gamers wants are all brought in on games, it's definitely going to cost a lot of money to get it done.