Register Now
Kane99

Are video games becoming too casual/easy?

10 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Games should be fun to play to begin with, if it starts to get frustrating i usually quit immediately. 

That's fair. A lot of us just want sometime simple to get into. Many times I have played tough games, and wanted to complete, but put it off due to its difficulty. I just want something that's a bit more simplified and doesn't force me to game for hours just to get through one area. 

19 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Games should be fun to play to begin with, if it starts to get frustrating i usually quit immediately. 

Some gamers don't really care at all if their games are easy, just like you have mentioned, if it gets too frustrating, they would walk. 

Well I have played some easy games and some very difficult games such that I have to abandon it. Playing games when you can't change its setting to easy/hard/extreme mode Is really annoying. Sometimes I don't have that patience when I know I have other games to play. 

9 hours ago, Prof elohstar said:

Well I have played some easy games and some very difficult games such that I have to abandon it. Playing games when you can't change its setting to easy/hard/extreme mode Is really annoying. Sometimes I don't have that patience when I know I have other games to play. 

Yeah, if they at least give us the option to change the difficulty, that'd be great. I wish I could change the difficulty for games like Dark Souls. I'm horrible with timing, and can't really stick with the games otherwise. But if they added a difficulty toggle, that'd be awesome. 

I think better gameplay mechanics makes games seem easier in newer games. Then again, trying to add too much into the buttons makes it more difficult. It's a never-ending loop. Some things get better, then other games try to add too much to it. Batman Arkham Knight for example, I just deleted it for the second time now after giving it another try and it's because I don't want to bother remembering all the crap. Too much there for my aging brain. It breaks my motivation. 

So we will see game controllers in the future get all whacked out with a hundred buttons. That is going to make gameplay extra hard. 

IMG_4535-973x649.jpg.67026539fe18eac45fa0933905c11544.jpg

23 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

No since games nowadays still have difficulty settings.

As for me, I really enjoyed playing all my games from difficulty level because it's always more demanding for me and sharpened me. 

2 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think better gameplay mechanics makes games seem easier in newer games. Then again, trying to add too much into the buttons makes it more difficult. It's a never-ending loop. Some things get better, then other games try to add too much to it. Batman Arkham Knight for example, I just deleted it for the second time now after giving it another try and it's because I don't want to bother remembering all the crap. Too much there for my aging brain. It breaks my motivation. 

So we will see game controllers in the future get all whacked out with a hundred buttons. That is going to make gameplay extra hard. 

IMG_4535-973x649.jpg.67026539fe18eac45fa0933905c11544.jpg

I'm definitely not going to be interested in getting into playing games that presents too much control difficulty.