Register Now
Kane99

Are video games becoming too casual/easy?

34 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

RDR2 is pretty easy. Sure, some parts are a bit challenging, but for the most part it's not difficult at all. It's more of an emotionally challenging game than a skill challenging game.

My brother actually says that he find the game very challenging for him and I can't seem to know why. Maybe it's because he's not used to playing open world games. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Video games aren't made casual or easy unless the gamer uses his or her hand to change difficulty to a very low and easy difficulty before it can be said to be easy via gameplay. 

Try to justify that to those of us that are 80's kids.

Edited by The Blackangel

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

My brother actually says that he find the game very challenging for him and I can't seem to know why. Maybe it's because he's not used to playing open world games. 

Maybe I've just played it so much that I don't get a lot of challenge anymore. I know exactly how to go about catching a wild horse, and where the 3 wild Arabians are. I know where a lot of treasure is, and can find a lot of gold bars. I know which guns are best for hunting. I know where to find all the animals to get the hides needed for the Legend Of The East satchel. There's honestly not a lot that I don't know. The usefulness of some of the items in the game is something that eludes me however.

Edited by The Blackangel

17 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

RDR2 is pretty easy. Sure, some parts are a bit challenging, but for the most part it's not difficult at all. It's more of an emotionally challenging game than a skill challenging game.

I would say that it's on the average in between not being too easy nor being too difficult. I kind of like it that way because it doesn't frustrate me that much. 

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Maybe I've just played it so much that I don't get a lot of challenge anymore. I know exactly how to go about catching a wild horse, and where the 3 wild Arabians are. I know where a lot of treasure is, and can find a lot of gold bars. I know which guns are best for hunting. I know where to find all the animals to get the hides needed for the Legend Of The East satchel. There's honestly not a lot that I don't know. The usefulness of some of the items in the game is something that eludes me however.

I believe that would really be a big factor in how you get to see the game because you have played it far more than you can imagine which tells you everything you need to know about the game which thereby makes it seems to be easy.

15 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Maybe not everything I need to know. If you can tell me what purpose those fucking fertility statues serve, then you know more about the damn game than I do.

No one seems to know what those fertility statues is all about in the game and it's the same thing with me in which I simply consider them as one of the Easter eggs that have been discovered in the game.

22 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Try to justify that to those of us that are 80's kids.

XD 😂. I simply go to settings when I am not playing, then toggle to game level, via my PS3, that's the one I'm using, at PS4 you'll definitely find it the same with PS3. You can then toggle the game level and adjust to what you like. 

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Maybe not everything I need to know. If you can tell me what purpose those fucking fertility statues serve, then you know more about the damn game than I do.

That part in the game actually showed me that there are some things in games that are completely useless but you still have to find them. 

5 hours ago, Heatman said:

That part in the game actually showed me that there are some things in games that are completely useless but you still have to find them. 

It's a useless Easter egg if you ask me because there is no importance attached to it in the game at all. 

6 hours ago, Boblee said:

It's a useless Easter egg if you ask me because there is no importance attached to it in the game at all. 

Seriously, I have kept asking all manner of questions as to why they had that in the game and I can't seem to have any answers at all.