Register Now
StaceyPowers

What developers do the best job supporting their games?

On 12/22/2021 at 5:52 PM, Heatman said:

I can't really be able to watch this right now but I'm definitely doing it sooner or later. 

There are so much to pick out from there. I hope you eventually have the opportunity to watch it as soon as possible. 

I still feel like more indie studios are the ones who take their fans more seriously. I love when a studio does early access, because they are allowing their fans to decide on things. That's hard to do for creators, because it implies they will have to change things to appease the gamers. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I still feel like more indie studios are the ones who take their fans more seriously. I love when a studio does early access, because they are allowing their fans to decide on things. That's hard to do for creators, because it implies they will have to change things to appease the gamers. 

Seriously, with taking a very good look at all their games, you will definitely see that it's something that's very obvious when it comes to how indie developers work with their games. 

Imo the only right answer is Hello games, it's suprising how far No man's sky has come and how much better it is when it originally launched. They have added a ton of stuff over the years, even Vr support. While they could have abonded the game and forget about it, they stuck with it and kept making it better and better at no extra cost,  that is supporting a game.

I know most people hate the game and devs when it launched but i'm from oppinion everybody deserves a second chance.

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Most of the indie studios understand what customers feedback is all about and they showcase that by carrying their fans along.

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Imo the only right answer is Hello games, it's suprising how far No man's sky has come and how much better it is when it originally launched. They have added a ton of stuff over the years, even Vr support. While they could have abonded the game and forget about it, they stuck with it and kept making it better and better at no extra cost,  that is supporting a game.

I know most people hate the game and devs when it launched but i'm from oppinion everybody deserves a second chance.

Just like we have given Rockstar a second chance after what they did with the production and release of GTA trilogy. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Rockstar is trying, if not for the error of producing GTA trilogy, they're held high in the video game community. 

Yeah, they really knew that the company they had given the game to develop on their behalf really almost killed off their brand. Do you think it was done on purposes? 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, they really knew that the company they had given the game to develop on their behalf really almost killed off their brand. Do you think it was done on purposes? 

It wasn't on purpose, Rockstar thought the company is best fitting to the game, and not knowing something might go wrong. 

I don't think I mentioned them, but TinyBuild is a great team of developers. They make quality indie titles, and also support the community quite a bit. I heard they like to collaborate with creators and fans quite a bit.  

Exactly, most indie devs care much about the feelings of gamers, always welcome suggestions that also centres to improvement of their game overall. Not like most open world devs that only care about their pockets and not what gamers also want. 

12 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't think I mentioned them, but TinyBuild is a great team of developers. They make quality indie titles, and also support the community quite a bit. I heard they like to collaborate with creators and fans quite a bit.  

Which games did they make that was a good display of how they support their brand?