Register Now
Kane99

Are there any games you don't download patches/updates for?

Sometimes updates and patches ruin a game and makes them unplayable. Are there any games you play, where you don't connect to the web because you want it to be vanilla, like the day 1 experience? I know some people prefer the original release, as they can use glitches and other exploits to get ahead, and usually updates change those. 

I haven't done this myself for any games. But if I ever decide to, I might just delete certain update files for games on my 360 for example. I'm sure there are some games that are better before the updates even. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

After a while, I have to stop downloading updates for recent COD games because of how much space they take up on my hard drives.

Yeah, but they kind require updates in order to play. Do you just not play then?

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

Ever since I started playing MGP series I never done upgrade before. I am simply playing mostly offline, and their is no extra charges induced by the game devs in the game. 

Yeah that's a good option. If you don't connect online you won't need to do any updates. Some people do that so they don't have to update the games. I have some wrestling 360 games that I may play offline. But im also tempted to get achievements so I would need to update it to play. I could also download the patches, play, then when I get the achievements, I can then delete the patches and play offline in the future. 

22 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, but they kind require updates in order to play. Do you just not play then?

I do stop playing them for a while and I only download the updates and patches when I feel like playing them again. I usually just end up removing most of the games I no longer play.

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah that's a good option. If you don't connect online you won't need to do any updates. Some people do that so they don't have to update the games. I have some wrestling 360 games that I may play offline. But im also tempted to get achievements so I would need to update it to play. I could also download the patches, play, then when I get the achievements, I can then delete the patches and play offline in the future. 

That's an option worth considering since it's rewarding to you via the achievements. If you know that the achievement matters most, then keep executing your plans. Since I am not much of an achievement type, I simply switch to offline, and go online when I want something new once in a blue moon. 

Not for me. I play online most of the time so the patches and updates are needed to keep playing the games. And with the single player games that I play, usually the updates just fix bugs or bring in new features so there's no reason to avoid them. 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sure, that's the motorcycle GP series. Abbreviation is 'MGP. 

Oh okay - I wasn't sure.

3 hours ago, Darth said:

Not for me. I play online most of the time so the patches and updates are needed to keep playing the games. And with the single player games that I play, usually the updates just fix bugs or bring in new features so there's no reason to avoid them. 

It's different for COD because the game and its updates take up so much memory. It's the only game I don't update unless I plan to play it on that day and then I just delete some games to make room for it. When one update is like 25 - 50 GB, it's hard to keep updating this game.

I know that PS4 games consumes lots of memory space, but I wouldn't see how the games I'll be adding up to it will consume my 1TRB of storage drive. I don't just download any game I see online, when I love it I simply check for its seize when it pases my evaluation then I'll go get it. 

Final Fantasy XV on PS4..

They basically patched out 'Comrades' mode, and released it as a standalone title. Trouble is they originally added trophies to that mode, so if you allow the game to update you can no longer play it. The trophies can still be attained through Offline play, but I believe they're quite a bit harder than they used to be since it was intended to be an Online Co-op mode.

On 12/4/2021 at 1:44 AM, killamch89 said:

After a while, I have to stop downloading updates for recent COD games because of how much space they take up on my hard drives.

It's not even just the space consumption that bothers or annoys me but some of these updates come with a new bug/glitches of its own, which begs the question why the update in the beginning? 

3 hours ago, Oblivion Knight said:

Final Fantasy XV on PS4..

They basically patched out 'Comrades' mode, and released it as a standalone title. Trouble is they originally added trophies to that mode, so if you allow the game to update you can no longer play it. The trophies can still be attained through Offline play, but I believe they're quite a bit harder than they used to be since it was intended to be an Online Co-op mode.

Since you're enjoying same features offline, it's better to stick with offline own than going over to online where virtually everything stops working.