Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with most misleading trailers?

Most misleading would have to be the trailer for the original Dead Island game. I posted it in another topic recently for favorite trailers, but it fits this topic as well. The trailer made it out to be this dramatic game where you had to keep your family safe. At least that's what was implied with the trailer. It implied it also had a good story, but it was pretty non-existent from what I remember. 

Also, you can check out the topic I made about your favorite trailers here: 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

According to WatchMojo, these are what they had picked out. 

I took my time to spend around three minutes not my time watching the trailer which is based on misleading video games. To be frank, they're truly misleading with the information shared by WatchMojo, their trailer is different from what they offered when played. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

I took my time to spend around three minutes not my time watching the trailer which is based on misleading video games. To be frank, they're truly misleading with the information shared by WatchMojo, their trailer is different from what they offered when played. 

There is a very good reason why I specifically love making use of the YouTube channel WatchMojo for all my gaming related updates and reviews. I'm always rest assured of top notch information. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

There is a very good reason why I specifically love making use of the YouTube channel WatchMojo for all my gaming related updates and reviews. I'm always rest assured of top notch information. 

With the information gotten, it offers class, making me to know that, not all trailer offers the real thing when the game is launched. 

On 12/4/2021 at 11:45 PM, StaceyPowers said:

What are some games that had really misleading trailers that misrepresented the content of the game?

I found this article and it's got some of these video games that's got trailers that doesn't really represent the game very well. 

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2012/01/the-10-most-misleading-video-game-trailers/

Dead Island's trailer killed me. For those who saw it and then played the game will understand. I truly thought I would be playing as anyone of the family members featured in the trailer, not finding them dead in a hotel room.

When I played Catherine first time, it wasn't the same with what I saw in the trailer. The game is centred on relationship dramas, solving puzzles, climbing of a vertical blocks, yet it wasn't displayed on the trailer, when it comes to it's relationship scenes and it's puzzle solving gameplay. 

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Dead Island's trailer killed me. For those who saw it and then played the game will understand. I truly thought I would be playing as anyone of the family members featured in the trailer, not finding them dead in a hotel room.

Honestly, that was a major throw off about the game and what was displayed in the trailer before its release. I was like what's going on with this..?