Register Now
Kane99

What other studios will try for NFTs in their games?

So now Square Enix wants to support nfts. Ubisoft is doing it and some other studios are doing it too. I hate the idea of nfts being in games, because it just feels greedy to me. I hope other studios ignore nfts and don't support them, but I feel like it's going to happen with all studios eventually. 😞

1 hour ago, m76 said:

Well, Konami has already announced that they are going to 'celebrate' the anniversary of castlevania by selling some NFTs.

Which shows that Konami is so set to feature NFTs in their next video game edition. Capping off their success with Castlevania is simply the starting point with their NFT revolutions. 

5 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Which shows that Konami is so set to feature NFTs in their next video game edition. Capping off their success with Castlevania is simply the starting point with their NFT revolutions. 

You speak like you, for some reason, think this is a good thing? That this is a sustainable, practical idea? That this what gamers want in thier games? I can't help but feel you're a little confused.

I've got to seriously ask, what IDIOTS actually buy these?  It's effectively an Email receipt for something that doesn't exist.  Is there is anyone actually this fucking brain-dead or are these companies just forcing them down our throats on the slim chance that we might not vomit?

I mean for fucks sake!  NFT's are literally nothing!  Then again we are talking about the species that will spend $1000 for some woman's fart in a jar!

The world has fucking mad I tell you!  I feel legitimately embarrassed to call myself a member of this species.  If this were the Star Trek Universe, humans would the laughing stock of the galaxy.  The kind of idiots the Borg wouldn't even bother to assimilate because their to fucking stupid.

First thing tomorrow I'm sending my application to be reincarnated as a squirrel 🐿️, and then I'm going to kill myself!

Edited by Crazycrab

The sad truth is that I don't think any of these studios and companies care that them jumping into the NFT game is viewed as awful by gamers. If there's money to be made, they will keep at it until the well runs dry. 

They probably know we hate what they're doing, and they know enough people will be dumb enough to invest in them. They don't care about the hate they're getting, because in the long run, it'll end up them getting away with tons of money. 

7 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I've got to seriously ask, what IDIOTS actually buy these?  It's effectively an Email receipt for something that doesn't exist.  Is there is anyone actually this fucking brain-dead or are these companies just forcing them down our throats on the slim chance that we might not vomit?

It's like the retro gaming market of recent. Opportunistic wealthy investors who are looking to drive up prices to then cash out of it. No actual fan of games or franchises is interested in this.

I mean for fucks sake!  NFT's are literally nothing!  Then again we are talking about the species that will spend $1000 for some woman's fart in a jar!

Just as cryptocurrency is literally nothing, but it doesn't matter as long as there are fools willing to believe it is worth something.

The world has fucking mad I tell you!  I feel legitimately embarrassed to call myself a member of this species.  If this were the Star Trek Universe, humans would the laughing stock of the galaxy.  The kind of idiots the Borg wouldn't even bother to assimilate because their to fucking stupid.

It's greed as usual. Everyone virtue signalled about corporate greed through the 20th century. But now that there is an opportunity to disregard future consequences and environmental impact for personal gain, they are perfectly happy to run their little mining operations in their basements and buy nfts like there is no tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

You speak like you, for some reason, think this is a good thing? That this is a sustainable, practical idea? That this what gamers want in thier games? I can't help but feel you're a little confused.

I don't fancy much if the NFTs in video games. If they customize the digital version of games to be purchased with NFTs, then it is fine. But it will be insane to add NFTs in games for users to keep purchasing or staking them while playing. That's an additional way of spending money carelessly coupled with the ongoing micro-transactions in games. 

On 1/5/2022 at 6:06 PM, Kane99 said:

So now Square Enix wants to support nfts. Ubisoft is doing it and some other studios are doing it too. I hate the idea of nfts being in games, because it just feels greedy to me. I hope other studios ignore nfts and don't support them, but I feel like it's going to happen with all studios eventually. 😞

If Square Enix is doing it and Ubisoft is doing same thing as well, I can bet anything that EA isn't going to left behind on this as well.