Register Now
dfarmer2001

Best PC Brand?

I have used various PC brands such as HP, Dell, Acer, Asus, etc over the years. Out of all the PC brands that I have tested, I would say my favorite would have to be Acer. Acer normally seems to last the longest for me. Dell and HP are good computers, but their performance seems to degrade within a year. Which type of PC brands would you guys recommend and why? 

I have always liked HP. Never a problem with them. The worst choice anyone could ever make is a dell. They are the single most worthless piece of shit electronic device in the history of electronics. At the moment, I'm using an iBuyPower gaming PC. It's great but I need to take it in. I think I have some viruses that my virus scanner isn't catching.

Personally I've had great luck with Dell. I still have an old Dell  desktop that's well over 10 years old and still streams 720p or 1080p youtube vids smoothly.All 3 of my Dell's were driven hard and I never had a problem with their hardware.It has been 7 years since I bought a PC through them. I had an old single core desktop that mostly was fine after literally soaking in flood water for 2 days.I only got rid of it because it's single core performance was a bit outdated. My very first PC was an Acer desktop with an AMD processor. I loved that little thing! I got an Acer laptop and it was just a piece of shit that would turn itself on and off if you handled it a certain way. Other Brands I've been happy with are Asus,EVGA and MSI. Wait. Now that I think about it as far as customer service HP deserves a shout out. I was nosing around their site a while ago and was actually shocked that a HP rep called me and asked me what my question was. That is simply awesome from a huge corp like HP.

Edited by Lamarr the strelok

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I never owned a PC before, but due to numerous opinions, I got to believe that DeLL is the strongest desktop computer. 

You'll regret it. I started repairing computers during the Win98 era, and with one exception, every single one was a dell. I have tried owning them and all they did was crash. Every one crashed. They wouldn't run jack shit. Trying to type on them or get online was a lost cause. The only use they could ever possibly serve is as a paperweight.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 2/2/2022 at 5:04 PM, The Blackangel said:

You'll regret it. I started repairing computers during the Win98 era, and with one exception, every single one was a dell. I have tried owning them and all they did was crash. Every one crashed. They wouldn't run jack shit. Trying to type on them or get online was a lost cause. The only use they could ever possibly serve is as a paperweight.

Thanks for sharing your immense experience about DeLL, your information is noted by me. So, which of the PC option are you recommending for me to purchase? 

I've never once in my life had a problem with HP. The only reason that I have several is simply because I was upgrading. There's one that I have here that I used for over 10 years. It still runs as if it was brand new. But I don't use it except to play AOE2 and Diablo 2, because I have upgraded. I also have 2 other HP computers that are in perfect running condition. One of which I absolutely love, because it's an all-in-one. The other one is one that I used for several years prior to getting the all-in-one and I never had an issue with it either. Just upgrading. Right now I'm using an iBuyPower, and I have a lot of issues with it. It glitches, boots slow, locks up, and just has issues everywhere. I've taken it in, and no one can find anything wrong with it. No viruses or worms of any kind. No hardware issues. If it wasn't for the fact that it's a gaming PC, I would probably go back to my all-in-one. I'm not the biggest PC gamer, but I do play a few PC games.

But to sum up, I highly and strongly recommend you buy an HP. You won't regret it. Also they're extremely affordable compared to other computers.

On 2/2/2022 at 5:04 PM, The Blackangel said:

Thanks slot for taking your precious time to analyze critically about your experiences with different types of PC's, and your recommendation to go for HP computer instead. I'll consider that, I love HP, even if I never thought it's more powerful than DeLL. With what you've said, my heart now pours out for HP PC, especially the gaming one. 

I am not technically inclined whatsoever so I cannot imagine building one. However, I have great reverence for those who have the knowledge & know-how to build from scratch.

Our desktop & laptop is just Dell. We've always had good experiences with this brand so keep with what we know. I know others don't like them but we've had good luck for the amount we use it.

Asus has done me well, and about 8 years ago I also gave Macs a shot, and now I own multiple, and they’ve all done me well. Most of them are pricey, but the fact they work incredibly well for what I use them for, the price was worth it.