Register Now
The Blackangel

Xbox Buys Activision. Sony Buys Bungie. Where is Nintendo in this buying craze?

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Yeah, definitely money isn't the problem for them by all means. Their work plan project is always different and unique. 

Correct, they've made the money, and literally, their wouldn't be anything limiting their happiness of buying more of the video games. 

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Spec-wise, it probably is a bit inferior, but that is strictly due to how compact it is. As for games having to be downgraded, that's just plain wrong. Skyrim for example ran much better and had much more crisp graphics on my Switch than it did on PC or PS4. The Witcher was the same between Switch and Xbox One. My Switch outperformed both of them on those games. And those are two of the biggest games of the era, especially Skyrim.

It's all about how the games are being optimized to run on those platforms especially on Nintendo Switch. The optimization of Skyrim on the Switch was perfect. 

16 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Spec-wise, it probably is a bit inferior, but that is strictly due to how compact it is. As for games having to be downgraded, that's just plain wrong. Skyrim for example ran much better and had much more crisp graphics on my Switch than it did on PC or PS4. The Witcher was the same between Switch and Xbox One. My Switch outperformed both of them on those games. And those are two of the biggest games of the era, especially Skyrim.

I never got to play The Witcher on my Nintendo Switch. I think it's something that I really need to try out since you say it runs much better on it than Playstation 4. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I suspect that we may see a deal for Sega - I mean, Nintendo and Sega have been collaborating a lot in the past few years so I wouldn't be surprised in the not too distant future we see that happening.

Yeah, there is high possibility of that happening, since they are in the buying business now. And the past hook up with the two companies might make it easier. 

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I think both Sony, Microsoft are simply in the league of buying madness, they simply wants to buy it it all. They got the money, the vision, they'll definitely spend on what matters most for them. 

Yeah, that's for sure when it comes to whether they have the money. Spending $70 billion on a deal isn't a cake walk. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

After looking at the Nintendo eShop, I think they may have been picking up a few indie studios. I can't be certain, but I think they have bought a couple. They just haven't broadcasted it the way Sony and Microsoft have.

I also think the sizes of the companies Microsoft and Sony acquired gets more press because of the amount of money involved as well. Microsoft's deal for Activision is a record breaker in this industry.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

After looking at the Nintendo eShop, I think they may have been picking up a few indie studios. I can't be certain, but I think they have bought a couple. They just haven't broadcasted it the way Sony and Microsoft have.

Seriously, I believe that there is no way Nintendo is going to keep quiet in all this buying chaos and not do any deals. We are just going to hear something soon. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I think both Sony, Microsoft are simply in the league of buying madness, they simply wants to buy it it all. They got the money, the vision, they'll definitely spend on what matters most for them. 

Agreed, I just hope that some regulating body interferes because it's bad for the industry if just a few companies own all the gaming studios. The lack of competition will lead to the lack of innovation in games.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Agreed, I just hope that some regulating body interferes because it's bad for the industry if just a few companies own all the gaming studios. The lack of competition will lead to the lack of innovation in games.

I'm not sure if it's going to be able to regulate them as far as they are not breaking any law with how they purchase these companies. 

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Microsoft is really pushing hard to hold a grip on what it feels like to have monopoly on the gaming industry. They might eventually get it. 

3 hours ago, Boblee said:

Microsoft is really pushing hard to hold a grip on what it feels like to have monopoly on the gaming industry. They might eventually get it. 

Being an American company, there's no way they could. I don't know what the international laws are, but it's illegal here in the states. Microsoft had to bail out Apple to keep from having that monopoly in 1997 so they didn't go bankrupt. Here in the states, you're required by law to have competition. Microsoft has Sony and Nintendo, plus a ton of indie studios. As far as computers go, they have the competition from Apple once again.