Register Now
The Blackangel

Xbox Buys Activision. Sony Buys Bungie. Where is Nintendo in this buying craze?

20 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

It is simply better to maintain their current studio which is Nintendo, and they wouldn't slip off either. Provided they keep making better video games on their diverse gaming consoles. It is not a must' to splash cash like the way Xbox or Sony did in order to make more progress. The progress is simply on their own hands, simply produce better games and maintain consistency for long. 

Nintendo doesn't have much to prove to the gaming industry by adding more studios to their ranks. The president of the company knows that better. 

17 hours ago, Heatman said:

Nintendo doesn't have much to prove to the gaming industry by adding more studios to their ranks. The president of the company knows that better. 

Yes, they don't need to change their business model for any one to be pleasing or following the likes of 'Sony, Microsoft buying new studio to enlarge, I see them already comfortable. 

30 minutes ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yes, they don't need to change their business model for any one to be pleasing or following the likes of 'Sony, Microsoft buying new studio to enlarge, I see them already comfortable. 

It's got nothing to do with changing of their business model but adding to their team of developers/studio. It's more like business expansion. 

4 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Microsoft is actually a very big company having spent $70 billion in buying Activision Blizzard. I think that's the biggest buy in the industry now? 

I doubt we're ever going to see one like that again. The biggest companies in gaming are bought, so now all we really have are indie studios. There are a few big names, like Rockstar left that haven't been bought out. I hope they never will be personally. But there aren't many left. Microsoft is scooping as many up as they can, and Sony is trying as hard as they can to keep up with Microsoft. Meanwhile, Nintendo is letting them nearly bankrupt themselves while they make deals for games and keep making their classic franchises like Zelda and Mario.

51 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I doubt we're ever going to see one like that again. The biggest companies in gaming are bought, so now all we really have are indie studios. There are a few big names, like Rockstar left that haven't been bought out. I hope they never will be personally. But there aren't many left. Microsoft is scooping as many up as they can, and Sony is trying as hard as they can to keep up with Microsoft. Meanwhile, Nintendo is letting them nearly bankrupt themselves while they make deals for games and keep making their classic franchises like Zelda and Mario.

Well you say that, but just recently Ubisoft have been kinda hoping hinting that there are open to the idea of being bought out:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-18-ubisoft-discusses-idea-of-potential-buyout

It obviously means nothing right but you can't count it out.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Well you say that, but just recently Ubisoft have been kinda hoping hinting that there are open to the idea of being bought out:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2022-02-18-ubisoft-discusses-idea-of-potential-buyout

I'm not sure Microsoft is going to be willing to get into buying because they can't have the financial power to do so now. Sony is best suited for the purchase in my eyes. 

15 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

With the way they have angered their staff and fans based on their support for NTFs is really a big red flag for them. What's the company's net worth? 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

With the way they have angered their staff and fans based on their support for NTFs is really a big red flag for them. What's the company's net worth? 

I'm not sure if they are really serious about this buyout of a thing because if they are, then they are definitely going to put a price on it. 

5 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

According to google, Ubisoft's net worth is $6.24 billion. A "Far Cry" 😁, from what Activision/Blizzard went for.

That's a surprise, I thought it would be WAY more than that.  That's less than Microsoft paid for Zenimax.   If I were  Sony I would seriously consider making an offer.

6 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

According to google, Ubisoft's net worth is $6.24 billion. A "Far Cry" 😁, from what Activision/Blizzard went for.

Haha, the gods!! Are you being serious? I think that it's something even Microsoft can even do as well irrespective of already forking out a lot for Activision-Blizzard deal. 

6 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

That's a surprise, I thought it would be WAY more than that.  That's less than Microsoft paid for Zenimax.   If I were  Sony I would seriously consider making an offer.

Seriously, I actually thought it would be any higher than that as well... How much did Microsoft pay for Zenimax? 

18 hours ago, Heatman said:

Haha, the gods!! Are you being serious? I think that it's something even Microsoft can even do as well irrespective of already forking out a lot for Activision-Blizzard deal. 

Ubisoft's value went up a bit since I made that post, but in the grand scheme of the corporate side of gaming not much. Only about $210 million.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Edited by The Blackangel