Register Now
The Blackangel

Xbox Buys Activision. Sony Buys Bungie. Where is Nintendo in this buying craze?

On 2/19/2022 at 9:29 PM, Boblee said:

I'm not sure Microsoft is going to be willing to get into buying because they can't have the financial power to do so now. Sony is best suited for the purchase in my eyes. 

Pretty sure microsoft could just straight up buy sony if they wanted/allowed to. 

5 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Pretty sure microsoft could just straight up buy sony if they wanted/allowed to. 

If having monopoly is allowed in the US, they would most likely be willing to doing it in order to have control over the market. 

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

Ubisoft's value went up a bit since I made that post, but in the grand scheme of the corporate side of gaming not much. Only about $210 million.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

They are most likely going to do everything within their power to influence the market and worth they place on the company. 

7 minutes ago, Heatman said:

If having monopoly is allowed in the US, they would most likely be willing to doing it in order to have control over the market. 

Sony wouldn't sell, unless Microsoft offered a truly ridiculous amount of money but even then I'd have my doubts.  Sony have their advantages in the market right now and have time to make more opportunities (not to mention have also a commitment) to make more money in the long run than any short term cash dump than Microsoft can offer.

Just now, Crazycrab said:

Sony wouldn't sell, unless Microsoft offered a truly ridiculous amount of money but even then I'd have my doubts.  Sony have their advantages in the market right now and have time to make more opportunities (not to mention have also a commitment) to make more money in the long run than any short term cash dump than Microsoft can offer.

Yeah, that's very correct. They are equal or even bigger in competition with Microsoft. So, selling would be a very bad business decision. 

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct. They are equal or even bigger in competition with Microsoft. So, selling would be a very bad business decision. 

Not to mention flat out stupid. If Sony was to sell out to Microsoft, it would have to be for trillions (X,000,000,000,000+) and that would flat out put Microsoft out of business. Not even they have that much money. The Rothschild's couldn't even afford it. Sony is such a huge company, and like Microsoft, they make more than just gaming systems. They actually own the patent on Blu-ray format. It's why their games are Blu-ray but Xbox games aren't. I'm not sure what format Xbox games are as I can't find anything saying on any of my games, but it's definitely not Blu-ray.

All that aside, there is no way Microsoft could ever buy Sony, just as there is no way Sony could ever buy Microsoft. It's just not possible.

10 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Not to mention flat out stupid. If Sony was to sell out to Microsoft, it would have to be for trillions (X,000,000,000,000+) and that would flat out put Microsoft out of business. Not even they have that much money. The Rothschild's couldn't even afford it. Sony is such a huge company, and like Microsoft, they make more than just gaming systems. They actually own the patent on Blu-ray format. It's why their games are Blu-ray but Xbox games aren't. I'm not sure what format Xbox games are as I can't find anything saying on any of my games, but it's definitely not Blu-ray.

All that aside, there is no way Microsoft could ever buy Sony, just as there is no way Sony could ever buy Microsoft. It's just not possible.

A little correction there, since the XBox One, XBox games have been on Blu-ray.  So yeah, there is a little bit of Sony in your XBox!

Your right about everything else though, Microsoft could not possibly buy Sony or vice versa.  One of them would have to tank massively and that is extremely unlikely.

14 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

They are just like the left and right hand, you can't give up one for the other as they make the gaming industry whole. 

On 2/20/2022 at 10:54 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously, I actually thought it would be any higher than that as well... How much did Microsoft pay for Zenimax? 

A lot of gamers are moving off Ubisoft games lately and it seems to be affecting their revenue and even stocks too. The worth is definitely going to dip more. 

20 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

A little correction there, since the XBox One, XBox games have been on Blu-ray.  So yeah, there is a little bit of Sony in your XBox!

I stand corrected. I honestly couldn't find any mention anywhere of Blu-ray on any of my Xbox One games or on @Rain Dew's Xbox One games. But I felt the edges, and they're rounded instead of sharp, and as far as I know, only Blu-ray discs are rounded at the edge. So that's enough evidence for me. Especially when our resident tech guru confirms it!

12 hours ago, Boblee said:

A lot of gamers are moving off Ubisoft games lately and it seems to be affecting their revenue and even stocks too. The worth is definitely going to dip more. 

Just like what started happening to Activision-Blizzard with their stock when they had their issues. It tanked really hard. 

Yup, MS had to support blu-ray due to Panasonics HD-DVD format failing all the way back when the Xbox 360 came out (with the HD-DVD player you could buy separately). Once Microsoft announced the XBone, people were wondering what kind of format they would support. And they ended up supporting the Blu-ray format. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yup, MS had to support blu-ray due to Panasonics HD-DVD format failing all the way back when the Xbox 360 came out (with the HD-DVD player you could buy separately). Once Microsoft announced the XBone, people were wondering what kind of format they would support. And they ended up supporting the Blu-ray format. 

According to what I followed up on, it was actually a very good business decision on their part to do support Blu-ray format. Don't you think so? 

On 2/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, Crazycrab said:

Nintendo are the oddball, they don't really seem too play the same game as the other two.  That doesn't mean they definitely won't jump on the buying craze.  Microsoft and Sony are somewhat predictable but with Nintendo who knows.

Nintendo is probably working out strategy to get NTFs in their games since they are in support of it. They are most likely not buying any new studio.