Register Now
m76

6 reasons why live service games are terrible

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, all the new projects that's been introduced into games lately are all targeted to milk more money from gamers pockets. 

To be very honest with you, it's something they can't let go of. The use of microtransactions isn't enough for them anymore. 

A lot of people "can't put their finger on why they're not into Warframe" despite all the praise it receives for getting the looter-shooter service model correctly.

I think it is because Warframe is a mindless grind with no combat challenge. You're either properly geared for the activity and it is mind numbingly easy, or you're not properly geared and enemies take forever to slog though. For as many hours I've put into the game, never once did I go "Damn, I did something clutch and skillful."

3 hours ago, Empire said:

A lot of people "can't put their finger on why they're not into Warframe" despite all the praise it receives for getting the looter-shooter service model correctly.

I think it is because Warframe is a mindless grind with no combat challenge. You're either properly geared for the activity and it is mind numbingly easy, or you're not properly geared and enemies take forever to slog though. For as many hours I've put into the game, never once did I go "Damn, I did something clutch and skillful."

I always wanted to get into Warframe because everywhere online it was being called the best live service game but I always wonder what was the appeal of the gameplay itself, the first and only time I played the game I though it was meh, nothing special.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

It's just a share false publicity that's pushing the game as the best when it comes to live service video game because as far as I know what real gaming entails, it's just crap. 

33 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's just a share false publicity that's pushing the game as the best when it comes to live service video game because as far as I know what real gaming entails, it's just crap. 

Its  not false publicity, you can actually earn every item on game  by just playing the game instead of buying the items, normally free to play games require you to pay for ingame items like skins etc but in war frame you can actually earn them by playing and grinding through the game. The problem is that the game itself is not really appealling. But its not a crappy game or any type false advertisement

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I always wanted to get into Warframe because everywhere online it was being called the best live service game but I always wonder what was the appeal of the gameplay itself, the first and only time I played the game I though it was meh, nothing special.

I agree - Warframe has and always has been nothing special. Just a bunch of new armor released every week for cash. Either that or you have to play the game for years before you can earn some of them.

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I agree - Warframe has and always has been nothing special. Just a bunch of new armor released every week for cash. Either that or you have to play the game for years before you can earn some of them.

It doesnt really take years though xD but yeah thats the problem its just nothing special, not bad either, its just that there are more free to play games with much better gameplay despite their bad practices. For example, Apex legends is way more fun than Warframe but Apex Legends uses loot boxes so you are pretty much gambling to get cosmetics.

10 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

They are very good at promoting the game and it's what makes it seem like as if it's got something big to offer. 

16 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It doesnt really take years though xD but yeah thats the problem its just nothing special, not bad either, its just that there are more free to play games with much better gameplay despite their bad practices. For example, Apex legends is way more fun than Warframe but Apex Legends uses loot boxes so you are pretty much gambling to get cosmetics.

Yeah, That's why I stopped play Apex Legends - it was due of the lootboxes. I knew EA would screw it up one way or another...

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

True - their team is very good at marketing but at the end of the day, the game is still very mediocre.

Yeah exactly, it's the money making strategy for them that matters. It's why they invested a lot in promoting the game. 

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, That's why I stopped play Apex Legends - it was due of the lootboxes. I knew EA would screw it up one way or another...

Yeah same here, I remember there was this event were you could get some limited time special cosmectics, so I wasted my season pass coins on those loot boxes thinking I was probably going to get at least one special skin from the event. But after wasting the whole season pass coins I only gow a bunch of rare generic cosmectics and only one Limited cosmetic but for a gun, no actual character skin. So basically for 10 dlls I got shit xD