Register Now
NightmareFarm

I think this generation of gaming will be much better than the last

I want to be optimistic, but I don't feel like I am. The business practices seem to just get worse with each new generation and I for one am not convinced the games themselves are getting any better. I do feel good about how these new consoles look at improving the gameplay experience with the high speed SSD's and ease of use, but ultimately it's the games that count and I'm not sure we'll really see a marked improvement.

Edited by Shagger

20 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I want to be optimistic, but I don't feel like I am. The business practices seem to just get worse with each new generation and I for one am not convinced the games themselves are getting any better. I do feel god about how these new consoles look at improving the gameplay experience with the hight speed SSD's and ease of use, but ultimately it's the games that count and I not sure we'll really see a marked improvement.

Every game developer that were in my good books have now been completely crossed off. Rockstar adding a subscription model to GTA online even though people already paid for the game, CDPR with the Cyberpunk fiasco, Capcom says you'll need a license to hold Street Fighter V tournaments, Nintendo just taking the fun out of everything. At the rate things are going, government regulation might gain some popularity and I hate when the government intervenes in anything.

I guess every new generation will be better than the last due to the upgrades they bring. But yeah, I can't wait to see what developers have in store for us now that they can take advantage of the PS5 and the Series X. Hopefully developers stop making games for the old generation consoles so that they don't hold back the games.

Those new rules from Capcom, Rockstar are just to make extra money from their games. I wonder what you need a license for when it comes to playing video games online or entering into to an online tournaments in street fighter. 

19 hours ago, Shagger said:

I want to be optimistic, but I don't feel like I am. The business practices seem to just get worse with each new generation and I for one am not convinced the games themselves are getting any better. I do feel good about how these new consoles look at improving the gameplay experience with the high speed SSD's and ease of use, but ultimately it's the games that count and I'm not sure we'll really see a marked improvement.

It's only a little percentage of their games that meets the requirements or standards that's expected of it. Take for instance, Horizon Forbidden West, it's been ages we saw a game as good as that. 

On 4/11/2022 at 9:40 PM, Darth said:

I guess every new generation will be better than the last due to the upgrades they bring. But yeah, I can't wait to see what developers have in store for us now that they can take advantage of the PS5 and the Series X. Hopefully developers stop making games for the old generation consoles so that they don't hold back the games.

It's the expected pattern that should take place but in reality, there are some of the upgrades that aren't worth it which puts some of the old generation games in a better footing.