Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

GTA-Bow down to Saints Row

There is a new gangsta in town. It's always been there overlooked and underestimated since ps3 era. It didn't have the advertising, the hype, the...whatever. But it was there. Saints Row 1 was an Xbox exclusion so I am playing Saints Row 2. I wasn't gaming during that era of ps3 generation. Was there controversy? Hate? Anybody play SR2? I have to wonder WTF. It is by far better gameplay than GTA until GTA 5. Granted, I've only played GTA 3, San Andreas, GTA 4, and GTA 5, and Saints Row 2. But Saints Row needs to be recognized. Respect is due. I wanna hear you holla; hear you scream; Saints Row; Saints Row. SR 2 is the bomb. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

No reply? The game wasn't made for weak hearts, and I wasn't made to violin you weak weak weak weak weak. You living in diapers eh? Want me to slap you eh? Welcome to my row; where gods are stupid. I walk among you figuring life; analyzing your cranium. You want to walk among us Gods? I see you for who you are esa. We walk free to kill anyone. Oh do we scare you Santa. Let me send a whore. The row is what the razor made us. Do you blame us now? Are we guilty for being bad? You made us. We fight back. No country but a hood. Don't disgust me you fucker. You think you are better> Bring it to the ROW. 

Saints row started out as blatant clone of gta the first few games were a poor man's gta in my oppinion. The only reason as to why many people bought the first one is that the first game came out really early in the 360's life and it kinda filled the gap until gta 4 came out. I believe saints row came out half a year after gta4, yeah it was improvement over the first game and had much to offer in side content. Still saints row started to get an identity off it's own with the third game, the missions were over the top the gameplay was fine and offcourse what many open world games lack are likeable characters. The Fourth was even more over the top and was very fun to play.

My favourite in the franchise would be saints row 3.

Do i like saints row yes, is it more fun to mess around in then gta yes, is it better then gta no. I'm i looking forward to the reboot yes. Let's just forget violition ever made agents of mayhem and goes on to blow new life into the saints row franchise.

I've beaten gta v so many times my friends started calling me DarthViperAU. After 8 years without a good open world crime game that is completed and has a story that doesn't fall off in the first 20 minutes cough Cyberpunk cough and one that isnt a remake. Even if it is bad it will be better then gta v for the hundredth time. Or gta online.

On 2/26/2022 at 10:05 AM, Patrik said:

majority of Saints Row games out there are worth a try honestly, we're in a whole other era where nobody calls it GTA clone anymore (like they did to Driver previously)

Oh yeah, Saints Row is a great series. It just doesn't come close to what GTA has to offer. Albeit, GTA doesn't do everything best. Saints Row has it's pros, and in some ways is better. I like the randomness that Saints Row put out there. Because it was what I kinda expected from GTA. A corny, fun game where it was more comedy and action than serious. Once GTA got serious, they lost that aspect of the series. 

23 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Oh yeah, Saints Row is a great series. It just doesn't come close to what GTA has to offer. Albeit, GTA doesn't do everything best. Saints Row has it's pros, and in some ways is better. I like the randomness that Saints Row put out there. Because it was what I kinda expected from GTA. A corny, fun game where it was more comedy and action than serious. Once GTA got serious, they lost that aspect of the series. 

GTA is a bit ahead as Rockstar's budget is higher as well, GTA is still unique at some point but doesn't mean that Saints Row is bad at all

I'm sure Saint's Row has a few good things but there is no way that it's better than Grand Theft Auto. Any GTA title from the 3rd all the way to GTA 5 and GTA Online would easily beat Saint's Row for me. Rockstar may be making a few bad mistakes now but they will always make high quality and fun games that not many other developers can even come close to

I'm not sure you should put SR in the same category of GTA. I mean that's blasphemy in my opinion; yeah might be great but no no.

Just hearing about this game for the first time. Trust me to go play and come do a comparison but please don't compare the two ever!!

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

If you never heard the game then how can you tell me not to compare? That makes no sense. 

I think the fact he hasn't heard about it is probably a good indication of how big GTA really is. Most non-gamers are aware of GTA as a title because of how popular it is and how great the game is. But yeah, still probably a good idea to only compare games when you know them both 😆

On 3/1/2022 at 2:06 PM, Patrik said:

GTA is a bit ahead as Rockstar's budget is higher as well, GTA is still unique at some point but doesn't mean that Saints Row is bad at all

Oh no, I didn't say that. Saints Row has its pros and cons for sure. It's not a perfect franchise by any means, but they have some great games in the series. But, it doesn't come close to what GTA offers unfortunately. 

22 hours ago, Darth said:

I'm sure Saint's Row has a few good things but there is no way that it's better than Grand Theft Auto. Any GTA title from the 3rd all the way to GTA 5 and GTA Online would easily beat Saint's Row for me. Rockstar may be making a few bad mistakes now but they will always make high quality and fun games that not many other developers can even come close to

I agree. Saints Row is a fine game, but it doesn't come close to the production value, and quality of GTA titles. They're just better built, smoother, and more reliable.