Register Now
Patrik

games with so much action happening at the same time, yay or nay?

14 minutes ago, Patrik said:

here is a closer example to what i meant, lot of numbers, lot of explosions etc...

lot 

Yeah, there are too many distractions taking away from the gameplay itself. Check the options to see if you can turn off some of the display. I know it's hard to do when starting out a game you still have to learn. But at least games should have display options you can leave off when you are more familiar with the game. Some games I turn everything off except for health meter. The mini map and objectives are the first I take off since it always takes up the most screen space. 

I think it depends a lot on how the developers do it really. It can be frustrating sometimes when they try to push too many things on to you in a particular part of the game but if it's done well, it can work out well. The last thing you want is for all the explosions and events to distract the player really.

12 hours ago, Darth said:

I think it depends a lot on how the developers do it really. It can be frustrating sometimes when they try to push too many things on to you in a particular part of the game but if it's done well, it can work out well. The last thing you want is for all the explosions and events to distract the player really.

Yes, you are correct. As long as those lots of actions are not distracting the player that I am using, I will have no issues with lots of actions at the same time.

On 3/6/2022 at 5:46 PM, Patrik said:

here is a closer example to what i meant, lot of numbers, lot of explosions etc...

lot 

Damn, it's so much to have focus and control over when it's going on and on like that. The game looks intense. 

I think having as much action in a game, helps it show the advancement of video games. I mean, back in the day, you couldn't get as much action going on in a single level. Sometimes it was a static level, background, etc where it moved when you moved. But now days, you can do so much with the resources game developers have. The more action on screen also lets devs add more hidden easter eggs and such. 

I'm excited to see what video games will look like in the next 10-20 years. It's exciting! 🙂 

On 3/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, Knight Barida said:

Taking a good position and finding the best strategy to kill your enemies in the game is what makes the game interesting and fun.

Yes of course, anyone who doesn't take a good position will always find it hard to down his or her enemies as the game proceeds. 

Now, in the case that too much action causes glitching and framerate issues, then I could understand too much action being too much. Of course, the developers have to find a fine line with it working. They can't put too much stuff in otherwise it will cause issues with performance, so it depends on the devs themselves and whether they can handle a lot of action or not. 

Monster Hunter World is like this as well - so much happening simultaneously. You're trying to slay a monster and another jumps in and the two of them start duking it out. Then out of nowhere another one may start attacking you and then they also join that fight. So what you end up is with three monsters fighting each other while trying to kill you at the same time. To be honest, I absolutely love it. 

14 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Monster Hunter World is like this as well - so much happening simultaneously. You're trying to slay a monster and another jumps in and the two of them start duking it out. Then out of nowhere another one may start attacking you and then they also join that fight. So what you end up is with three monsters fighting each other while trying to kill you at the same time. To be honest, I absolutely love it. 

Some gamers panic in such setting and it leads them to making wrong calls that's going to cost them in the game. Having a calm head in such situations is how to make it out. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Monster Haunter World, Monster Hunter Rise, Crusader's Kings series, Horizon Forbidden West, and Horizon Zero Dawn etc, are visiting I games packed with tremendous actions which a gamer can't keep away from. 

I believe it. The Horizon series is known for its action and more. I haven't played any Monster Hunter games, but I have seen some in action and the amount of stuff going on in it is quite cool. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I believe it. The Horizon series is known for its action and more. I haven't played any Monster Hunter games, but I have seen some in action and the amount of stuff going on in it is quite cool. 

Yeah, the Monster's series are wonderful, I played the Monster Haunter Rise recently at my friend's place using his MS PC. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, the Monster's series are wonderful, I played the Monster Haunter Rise recently at my friend's place using his MS PC. 

The way some nasty monsters burst out in the game is almost impossible for you not to be spiked immediately.