Register Now
NightmareFarm

Does anyone notice a graphical difference between the PS4 and PS5?

16 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

I use PS4, the graphics is superb, I never used PS5, but with what I've watched closely around PS5, I'll say, it is not to be compared with PS4, the PS5 graphics edges out that of PS4. 

The difference in graphics is expected to be there. That is what makes a lot of gamers push to lay their hands on the new Ps5. The hype should definitely be worth it.

46 minutes ago, Knight Barida said:

The difference in graphics is expected to be there. That is what makes a lot of gamers push to lay their hands on the new Ps5. The hype should definitely be worth it.

Yes - the graphical difference is pretty noticeable between both consoles especially when you use them at max settings. I mean, the PS4 was created approximately a decade earlier so it's only logical that the PS5 would be far more powerful.

There is a clear graphic difference between the two, but we're all so conditioned and used to high def graphics at this point, that it doesn't look that much more impressive. Yeah visuals and graphics are better, but I feel like it's not a big of a deal as it was from the PS2 to the PS3 for example. From that point on, graphics looked great, and still do for many games from that generation. So graphics to me and some others, isn't as impactful as it was when we saw HD graphics the first time on the PS3,360 and so on. 

5 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Yeah, and not the case where it is over hyped due to failure not to meet up it's expectations. 

On 3/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, kingpotato said:

I honestly didnt played those games so I was not aware as to how they looked, actually this is the first time I heard of Genji: Days of Blade. But my points stands we still have not see the graphical capabilites of the console at its fullest, well I havent played any of the recent games like Horizon Forbbiden West which I assume it looks fantastic on ps5, but still this current generation just started and its off to a slow start so we will have to wait and see what more it has to offer in terms of graphics.

I totally agree with you on this. With time I believe it will get better. 

17 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Yeah, and not the case where it is over hyped due to failure not to meet up it's expectations. 

The expectation that they've failed to reach is the availability of the consoles. I believe that whatever plans they are making now is going to be worth it.

And with the way graphics are going. I think realism will be huge going forward. But it will still take a while until things are photo realistic. 

To me the difference between ps4 and ps5 is minimal. It's just that games can be a bit bigger each new generation.  

1 hour ago, Kane99 said:

And with the way graphics are going. I think realism will be huge going forward. But it will still take a while until things are photo realistic. 

To me the difference between ps4 and ps5 is minimal. It's just that games can be a bit bigger each new generation.  

Going by the matrix demo and project mara, I think photorealism will become the standard either late 9th gen or 10th gen.

On 3/16/2022 at 2:27 AM, Justin11 said:

I wonder what the graphics will look like in the next couple of years around video games. 

They will be doing everything to make the players in those games look like humans that you will begin to wonder, if they are not.

4 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

They will be doing everything to make the players in those games look like humans that you will begin to wonder, if they are not.

Lol, I believe so. Maybe it will be like using a VR headset and becoming the real character in the game. Such will just be realistic and not much of AI character when it comes to the main protagonist of an RPG. 

Can't talk about ps4 and ps5 as i don't have a ps5 yet, i do have a ps4 pro and can't imagine games released cross platform (both on ps4 and ps5) are going to look that much nicer on ps5 at this moment. I'm only talking about cross platform games. 

I've got a series x for a few months now and the only real noticable thing is the loading times especiall ac valhalla loads up so much faster but that is just about it, my xbox one x would have been fine to use for atleast one more year.

Surely there will be some difference if you play it on base xbox one or base ps4 since we're talking about hardware that is almost 9 years old.

I'd personally prefer smooth gameplay and a steady framerate above graphics.

One last thing i'd like to mention is that if you're interested check out the youtube channel Digital foundry they do many side by side comparisons between platforms and technical analysis if that's your thing.