Register Now
Jayson

Web Development

I've owned quite a few sites over the past years and I currently run a general discussion forum. It's a fun little hobby that gives me something to do when I'm bored. Previously, I've had gaming forums and blogs, webmaster forums and blogs, and even a gaming social network.

There are many members on VGR that have run forums/sites now or in the past, I know basic. Truth to be told that all people that are into web development should know all basics and also know the area. Other than that, do not bother. I myself have been running forums for good 10 years and I own a gaming related site for the last seven years and before that a GTA clan. Being mods for others for even longer. 

I have a blog at the moment, not monetized with AdSense, I'm working to load it more with contents and improve it's traffic conversion. I use content management system (CMS) software to develop my blog, which is under WordPress. 

I'm a web hobbyist and a forum-junkie, lol. I have 2 forums of my own, one is religious and the other is for keto-carnivore diet lifestyles. I'm also an admin on a dog training community and a staff member on a webmaster community. I have a VPS where I host sites for myself and my friends.

I learned HTML back in the 90's, then some CSS, Perl, and PHP, usually through hacking freeware scripts to get them to do want I needed them to do, which was more than the authors had programmed them to do. These days I don't have much use for programming anymore.