Register Now
The Blackangel

8Bitdo creates mouse with NES controller look and feel (2019 article)

On 4/4/2022 at 12:26 PM, Head_Hunter said:

The design is superb, the one that makes a user enjoy operating his or her PC, and comfortable too while gaming. 

Despite its aesthetics, it is just a regular mouse after all with a D-pad on the side. I'm not certain if it functions as the mouse scroll wheel or it has some other function.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Despite its aesthetics, it is just a regular mouse after all with a D-pad on the side. I'm not certain if it functions as the mouse scroll wheel or it has some other function.

Lol,I saw it, just that the aesthetic design made it looking different from others, as if it is customized here. 

Edited by Head_Hunter

1 hour ago, Shagger said:

OK, I do look at that and feel a very satisfying surge of nostalgia, but it's hardly practical. There are better ways to interact with emulated NES games on a PC if that was the purpose.

I think it's mainly for aesthetic purposes - the only part I don't get is what function does the D-pad on the side of the mouse actually serve.

Update: The D-pad buttons on the side are actually function and can be programmed but It does seem very awkward to use. One of my favorite YouTubers ETA PRIME did a review on it right here. For the most part, it's just a regular wireless mouse.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I think it's mainly for aesthetic purposes - the only part I don't get is what function does the D-pad on the side of the mouse actually serve.

Update: The D-pad buttons on the side are actually function and can be programmed but It does seem very awkward to use. One of my favorite YouTubers ETA PRIME did a review on it right here. For the most part, it's just a regular wireless mouse.

I didn't doubt for one second that the D-Pad and that the mouse in general was fully functional, my point was that there is really on two reasons to buy this instead of a normal mouse;

1. For collectors who will likely keep it in the box and never use it.
  2. For people who want to emulate NES games on PC, and for them there are better options, like this sort of thing down below.

70770694_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.d31ce00e6603f684f622fcbcbe1c863c.jpg

So in the end, I'd say you're right, it's just for aesthetics and serves little purpose other that that.

1 hour ago, Withywarlock said:

It looks neat, I won't lie, but as others have said I can't see it being practical. Side-buttons on gaming mice are stiff enough as is; to try moving with them in a game whilst contending with the main buttons, I'd not bother with it. Thanks for sharing, this is a rather curious piece!

For nostalgia purposes and because it's affordable, I can see some people getting this. It is a curious piece indeed.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:39 AM, killamch89 said:

For nostalgia purposes and because it's affordable, I can see some people getting this. It is a curious piece indeed.

I would be one of them getting it for nostalgia purposes. besides I need a mouse for my laptop because the damn scratch pad (as I call it) doesn't work anymore. Also I need something that will fit my hands, as they're enormous. Not feminine at all.😢

20 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I would be one of them getting it for nostalgia purposes. besides I need a mouse for my laptop because the damn scratch pad (as I call it) doesn't work anymore. Also I need something that will fit my hands, as they're enormous. Not feminine at all.😢

It does make a great collector's item the more times that I look at it. The missing scroll wheel in the middle does bother me a bit though.

44 minutes ago, Patrik said:

Just found out about it, would still get it, but it actually lacks the middle scroll that's important for me 😢

any idea if there are models that come with it?

As far as I'm aware, this is the only model unfortunately.

Anyone here consider buying the Razer Basilisk V3? Its 9 customizable buttons (13 if you count all the scroll wheel inputs), well-crafted form, and rich, textured surface make it adaptable to a variety of game genres and even office applications. While it's heavier than honeycomb-style mice for FPS games, it glides effortlessly thanks to PTFE feet, and a dedicated sniper button is easy to reach and immediately decreases DPI for headshots.

Edited by williamserna