Register Now
Shagger

Burnout

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Well yeah you are right 2008 is a long time now that I think about it. I take back what I said then.

A baby born in 2008 is now 14 years 😂. It's indeed a long time. It's even longer than we have waited for GTA 6 to be released. 

21 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Burnout paradise is one of the oldest racing game I've played ever since I picked interest in racing game. At the moment, their is no new version released.  

I'm sorry you had to miss out on when the franchise (and I think by extension the whole genre) was at it's best.  Don't get me wrong there has been evolution in sim racing with the GT Series and licenced products like F1 and WRC.  Open world racing games have gotten a lot better too with titles like Forza Horizon.  Unfortunately the drifting, nitro boosting, vehicle smashing, fuck realism, balls to the wall arcade racers that I used to love like Burnout 3 are all but destroyed.  Thanks largely to EA and Burnout Paradise.

Edited by Crazycrab

11 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm sorry you had to miss out on when the franchise (and I think by extension the whole genre) was at it's best.  Don't get me wrong there has been evolution in sim racing with the GT Series and licenced products like F1 and WRC.  Open world racing games have gotten a lot better too with titles like Forza Horizon.  Unfortunately the drifting, nitro boosting, vehicle smashing, fuck realism, balls to the wall arcade racers that I used to love like Burnout 3 are all but destroyed.  Thanks largely to EA and Burnout Paradise.

If I begin to recount great video games series franchise that EA have kicked to the dirt, I'd would have sleepless night over it. 

2 hours ago, Boblee said:

If I begin to recount great video games series franchise that EA have kicked to the dirt, I'd would have sleepless night over it. 

Not that I would like for you to have sleepless night but here is a bigger list of video games that EA have completely destroyed over the years. 

https://screenrant.com/video-game-franchises-ea-ruined/

14 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Gone are the days indeed, EA have burnt the series down as the name implies lol. I remember watching burnout 3 Thriller last year, it was okay back then, it's been 14 years since the game came into limelight, and EA didn't continue after then. 

7 hours ago, Heatman said:

Not that I would like for you to have sleepless night but here is a bigger list of video games that EA have completely destroyed over the years. 

https://screenrant.com/video-game-franchises-ea-ruined/

Dead Space was one of the series they ruined by their greed in turning it into a money pump game them. Doing the same thing to Burnout series is a normal thing for them. 

9 hours ago, Boblee said:

Dead Space was one of the series they ruined by their greed in turning it into a money pump game them. Doing the same thing to Burnout series is a normal thing for them. 

In the end, when they are done destroying the game, there are still so many more they would go after as well. It's been their pattern for years. It's just a shame what they did with the Paradise edition of the game. 

On 4/30/2022 at 8:53 PM, Heatman said:

In the end, when they are done destroying the game, there are still so many more they would go after as well. It's been their pattern for years. It's just a shame what they did with the Paradise edition of the game. 

The competition they are facing in the gaming industry probably ain't doing them anything and it's why they mess up good games and get away with it. 

21 minutes ago, Boblee said:

The competition they are facing in the gaming industry probably ain't doing them anything and it's why they mess up good games and get away with it. 

That may be a good reason why they have been operating some of their games like that for years now especially with their series games. 

I must be the only person who thought Burnout Paradise, while being worse than the previous game, was still enjoyable for casual gameplay. The problem with the Burnout series is that it tends to overlap quite a bit with the Need For Speed series also developed by EA - at least that's the conclusion I came to because I saw them implement some of those same mechanics in subsequent NFS games.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I must be the only person who thought Burnout Paradise, while being worse than the previous game, was still enjoyable for casual gameplay. The problem with the Burnout series is that it tends to overlap quite a bit with the Need For Speed series also developed by EA - at least that's the conclusion I came to because I saw them implement some of those same mechanics in subsequent NFS games.

One thing that EA is very good at doing very well have always been copying their games all over to another one. I would have gone into what they have been doing with their FIFA games but it would be going off topic from Burnout. 

I just can't get over how stupid the "open world" concept in Burnout Paradise was. It turned the simple idea of selecting your game mode into something akin to trying to force an unwilling, filthy dog into a bath. I hated it.

I'm suprised nobody has even mentioned Dangerous Driving in this thread, it's made by people who were behind the first few burnout games and is often seen as a spiritual successor to the burnout series. I've not played it myself so i can't judge on the game, but it's as close to a good burnout you're going to get :

8 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I'm suprised nobody has even mentioned Dangerous Driving in this thread, it's made by people who were behind the first few burnout games and is often seen as a spiritual successor to the burnout series. I've not played it myself so i can't judge on the game, but it's as close to a good burnout you're going to get :

I was unaware of this, thanks for sharing. 

8 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

This looks interesting with the 9 modes of play in the game. I think that the takedown mode would be very thrilling to play.