Register Now
StaceyPowers

If you push the wrong button in a game, do you go back to fix your mistake?

Absolutely, save-scum all the way. Strangely I can accept the consequences of failure in the tabletop, which I imagine is because of the group atmosphere. Were I left to my own devices I'd just read the adventure beforehand and cheat to maximise my rewards. Even more strangely is when I dislike the Dungeon Master pulling punches because I made a mistake that could prove fatal, like being a spellcaster flanked by martial classes. I get that I'm only semi-experienced but c'mon!

Edited by Withywarlock

Depends on how ong that I been doing it for, meaning might have taken me hours to get to that part to mess it up. I mean if I wanted to YES, then again if I'm not that fussed then no. Depends on me and how I feel and the game that I was doing. 

9 hours ago, Empire said:

Depends on how ong that I been doing it for, meaning might have taken me hours to get to that part to mess it up. I mean if I wanted to YES, then again if I'm not that fussed then no. Depends on me and how I feel and the game that I was doing. 

So, it's more like if the action makes you feel guilty somehow, then you would more likely be fixing it? 

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If it turn out to be a costly mistake, then their is nothing I can do again to correct it or change it, I just have to accept it and do better to avoid pressing the wrong button. 

When there is an option for you to go back to replay and have the mistake fixed, what are you going to do? 

23 hours ago, Justin11 said:

If it turn out to be a costly mistake, then their is nothing I can do again to correct it or change it, I just have to accept it and do better to avoid pressing the wrong button. 

A costly mistake should be fixed by all means necessary because it's going to keep hunting you down and making you regret it. 

17 hours ago, Boblee said:

A costly mistake should be fixed by all means necessary because it's going to keep hunting you down and making you regret it. 

Although, some of these mistakes can be avoided if we don't rush play most of the time. It's when you are in a haste that you get caught up in mistakes. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

Although, some of these mistakes can be avoided if we don't rush play most of the time. It's when you are in a haste that you get caught up in mistakes. 

As long as I'm not the one dying immediately from the mistake, I think that I can live with that to an extent before feeling guilty. 

On 5/15/2022 at 1:53 AM, Boblee said:

Sure, and that's part of our lives, but when you're very careful you'll definitely scale through unnecessary mistakes. Their are mistakes that doesn't worth it in-game, I know how painful it is to maintain a good playing time only to suffer defeat at the last gasps. 

On 5/15/2022 at 9:28 PM, Boblee said:

As long as I'm not the one dying immediately from the mistake, I think that I can live with that to an extent before feeling guilty. 

@Bobleethe selfish one 😂. As long as it's not your skin that's on fire, you're good to go. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

@Bobleethe selfish one 😂. As long as it's not your skin that's on fire, you're good to go. 

I wonder who doesn't look out for themselves first? I do that for my always. Although, it's only on Spec Ops : The Line that I felt bad with having killed innocent people.