Register Now
Maxi

Would you prefer YouTube or Twitch for streaming?

5 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Facebook allows users to give starts to their favorite content creators, which can be converted to fiat money. However, enabling starts is not available in every location.

That's super interesting. I'm just hearing it for the first time. I'm going to look into it more and see if its something I can benefit from. 

26 minutes ago, Dannyjax said:

That's super interesting. I'm just hearing it for the first time. I'm going to look into it more and see if its something I can benefit from. 

Twitch have been around for some time now, lots of users who enjoy streaming have gradually move to twitch from YouTube and other streaming channels, because their are chances of them succeeding than being in YouTube through twitch. 

7 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

You can make money on Facebook in multiple games. However, before you can make money through gaming streaming, you will have to build audience.Without followers and viewers, you can't earn. Facebook offers bigger content creator funds compared to all video platforms.

12 hours ago, Head_Hunter said:

Twitch have been around for some time now, lots of users who enjoy streaming have gradually move to twitch from YouTube and other streaming channels, because their are chances of them succeeding than being in YouTube through twitch. 

For video games, I would go with Twitch and for other stuffs that's not related to video games, YouTube covers them well for me. 

13 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I have to go with YouTube. I've never used Twitch before, but I know my way around YouTube, and how to get things done there. So I'm just sticking with what I know.

This is exactly the same thing with me. I have already downloaded the Twitch application but I'm yet to register my account on it because I'm still very good with YouTube. 

I don't know when next I can visit twitch follows site, I'm just so occupied with other video sharing platforms, especially YouTube. I am engaged with so many communities about gaming, and other sort of niches. 

4 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

For video games, I would go with Twitch and for other stuffs that's not related to video games, YouTube covers them well for me. 

YouTube gives me everything I need on video games as well but I wouldn't be too bias to write off the good work that's been going on in Twitch. I know very well that one day, I'm going to take them very seriously. 

15 hours ago, Jasmin said:

You can make money on Facebook in multiple games. However, before you can make money through gaming streaming, you will have to build audience.Without followers and viewers, you can't earn. Facebook offers bigger content creator funds compared to all video platforms.

I know very well how difficult it is to make money from monetizing your YouTube channel. I'm sure the same thing applies to Facebook, and Twitter. 

11 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

I know very well how difficult it is to make money from monetizing your YouTube channel. I'm sure the same thing applies to Facebook, and Twitter. 

I never had that plan with my YouTube channel. I just post oddly once in a while just for fun. If I get to make money from it one day in the future, I'd be happy, if not, I'd still be happy with myself. 

20 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't know when next I can visit twitch follows site, I'm just so occupied with other video sharing platforms, especially YouTube. I am engaged with so many communities about gaming, and other sort of niches. 

If you have the application, it's a lot easier to access the site. I hardly use the websites version of Twitch or even YouTube. The app experience is always better. 

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Have you tried and failed, or, are you saying this just hypothetically? Making money from videos is one of the easiest ways to make money from gaming.

7 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

If you have the application, it's a lot easier to access the site. I hardly use the websites version of Twitch or even YouTube. The app experience is always better. 

I can't remember the last time I ever accessed YouTube through the web version. The app makes it so much easier. 

9 hours ago, Jasmin said:

Have you tried and failed, or, are you saying this just hypothetically? Making money from videos is one of the easiest ways to make money from gaming.

It's a known fact that it's not easy to make money from one's YouTube channel. It takes a lot of hard work before that can materialize.

12 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It's a known fact that it's not easy to make money from one's YouTube channel. It takes a lot of hard work before that can materialize.

It's why a lot of people are being advised not to focus on making money first when they start out a YouTube channel for their streaming. The money doesn't come easily and when that's your immediate aim, you can lose interest immediately.