Register Now
Justin11

Define your saddest moment watching your favorite sports game?

Exellent post @Crazycrab , diden't know you were into F1? Maybe we should open up a thread and discuss F1 both past and present. Ayrton Senna was pretty much the only idol i ever had, after he passed away, like i don't know nobody really worthy that came close for me to call somebody my idol. 

I don't really follow moto gp that much anymore but I probably should have mentioned the death of Marco Simoncelli During the 2011 malaysian Motogp grand prix in my first post aswell, since i've seen that one live on tv aswell and was without a doubt was my favourite motogp driver at the time because of his aggressive and sometimes dangerous driving style. Probably would have been a future moto gp champion aswell but sadly we'll never know. But damn what a horror crash i just don't want to see ever again.

Edited by Yaramaki

5 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Exellent post @Crazycrab , diden't know you were into F1? Maybe we should open up a thread and discuss F1 both past and present. Ayrton Senna was pretty much the only idol i ever had, after he passed away, like i don't know nobody really worthy that came close for me to call somebody my idol. 

Most of the topics about Formula 1 seem to be about games based on the sport rather than the Sport itself.  I had thought about starting a topic about Formula 1. The sports section but I kinda though that there wouldn't be enough people interested to make it worthwhile.

On 7/12/2022 at 11:49 PM, Justin11 said:

The defeat of Chelsea during the 2011/2012 UCL semi final and the one Liverpool turned a 3-0 deficit to 4-3 on aggregate during the 2018/2019 UCL season. 

This defeats are worth remembering in Barcelona history and Torres  scored the winning against Barcelona in the match between Barcelona and Chelsea that took us out of the UCL.

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

This defeats are worth remembering in Barcelona history and Torres  scored the winning against Barcelona in the match between Barcelona and Chelsea that took us out of the UCL.

I was also saddened by you guys losing to Chelsea because I wanted them to drop out as well.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I was also saddened by you guys losing to Chelsea because I wanted them to drop out as well.

Chelsea didn't actually win the UCL title that year if I am not mistaken but been able to take out Barcelona at the semifinals was a big bonus to them, but a terrible moment for we Barcelona fans as Chelsea fan are always known for how they like to banter other teams.

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

Chelsea didn't actually win the UCL title that year if I am not mistaken but been able to take out Barcelona at the semifinals was a big bonus to them, but a terrible moment for we Barcelona fans as Chelsea fan are always known for how they like to banter other teams.

Actually they did win it the same year in the 2011/12 season when Fernando Torres scored that absolute dagger...

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Actually they did win it the same year in the 2011/12 season when Fernando Torres scored that absolute dagger...

You are absolutely correct I just checked my facts now.

Thinking about it again and remembering they snatched that title away from Barcelona which was in a good position at that time to win makes it even more annoying. Lol

1 minute ago, Clasher said:

You are absolutely correct I just checked my facts now.

Thinking about it again and remembering they snatched that title away from Barcelona which was in a good position at that time to win makes it even more annoying. Lol

Trust me - I was pissed off because I don't really like Chelsea either and the fact that they aren't a historic big club but one propped up by a rich owner is the main reason I dislike them. The same reason I also dislike Man City and PSG.

Trust me - I was pissed off because I don't really like Chelsea either and the fact that they aren't a historic big club but one propped up by a rich owner is the main reason I dislike them. The same reason I also dislike Man City and PSG.

It's how Chelsea sack their coaches that makes me hate them like mad. Even with Mourinho, they sacked him twice. I think they are the only club in England with the biggest absurd sack record with their coaches. 

12 hours ago, Clasher said:

That was in 2011/2012 UCL campaign during the semi final match. That's one of the saddest nights as an FCB fan, i couldn't digest it as a child back then as tears rolled down. 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That was in 2011/2012 UCL campaign during the semi final match. That's one of the saddest nights as an FCB fan, i couldn't digest it as a child back then as tears rolled down. 

I'm not even a Barca fan and I was furious! All they did the whole match was park the bus and counter attack and Torres of all people stepped up to win it for them. Torres who had been terrible the whole season suddenly turns and produces a miracle.

I'm not even a Barca fan and I was furious! All they did the whole match was park the bus and counter attack and Torres of all people stepped up to win it for them. Torres who had been terrible the whole season suddenly turns and produces a miracle.

That his solo was a complete heartbreaker, but truly magnificent no doubt. He wasn't having a good season back then no doubt, but that goal heaped praises on the striker even if he didn't live up to his price tag. Barcelona dominated everywhere in the match, Chelsea FC were just parking the bus, and playing counter attack. 

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They have always said that there's curses in football clubs, I do have my doubts but when you look at the events that unfolds in respect to those curses, you begin to wonder if it's really true. It's like how the curse on Chelsea number 9 Jersey where any striker that wears that never plays well. It affected Torres and any other player that wore the number. 

On 7/15/2022 at 4:32 PM, Justin11 said:

That his solo was a complete heartbreaker, but truly magnificent no doubt. He wasn't having a good season back then no doubt, but that goal heaped praises on the striker even if he didn't live up to his price tag. Barcelona dominated everywhere in the match, Chelsea FC were just parking the bus, and playing counter attack. 

As they usually do - in my opinion, they were the worst winners of the UCL at the time. Their footballing style absolutely disgusts me in every way.

On 7/16/2022 at 8:08 AM, Heatman said:

They have always said that there's curses in football clubs, I do have my doubts but when you look at the events that unfolds in respect to those curses, you begin to wonder if it's really true. It's like how the curse on Chelsea number 9 Jersey where any striker that wears that never plays well. It affected Torres and any other player that wore the number. 

To be fair, it seems to happen at quite a few other clubs as well - namely Man United.

17 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

As they usually do - in my opinion, they were the worst winners of the UCL at the time. Their footballing style absolutely disgusts me in every way.

What a boring pattern of football. I never fell in love with Chelsea FC's football style, so dull and uninspiring. Winning the UEFA champions league that year was a complete miracle for the team, they didn't expect such luck, because they can't tell me it came from good football, because their opponents outplayed them in every aspects. Same happened as they clinched their second UEFA champions league, many considered them as clear underdog heading to the final against City.