Register Now
DC

Seen as polite in your country, but...

10 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Not really, mockery and dislikes is different. Homophobia is different and I wouldn't support that - the rent boy thing was always harmless banter until for whatever reason in the UK, they decided to make it a homophobic slur. Couldn't they use something else? lol

It's a lol indeed, Shagger made us know what that word 'rent boys mean in UK. So, when you read through his comments it brought in Homophobia in the discussion. Meaning that, Chelsea have been reduced to the state of mockery, due to their current state of Stanford bridge. 

1 minute ago, Justin11 said:

It's a lol indeed, Shagger made us know what that word 'rent boys mean in UK. So, when you read through his comments it brought in Homophobia in the discussion. Meaning that, Chelsea have been reduced to the state of mockery, due to their current state of Stanford bridge. 

I get that but didn't know that's why they called them that.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

That's way of attacking your rivals, most of the fans shouting that on Stanford are just pained, because Chelsea were winning their team, and nothing they can do to stop it but abuse the Chelsea football club. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's way of attacking your rivals, most of the fans shouting that on Stanford are just pained, because Chelsea were winning their team, and nothing they can do to stop it but abuse the Chelsea football club. 

You're correct but then again, Chelsea fans aren't exactly saints either in that sense.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You're correct but then again, Chelsea fans aren't exactly saints either in that sense.

Yes, when they're not having it all, they'll lash out to the opposition abusively. This has been going on in the world of football for a very long time now, we can't change the fact. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, when they're not having it all, they'll lash out to the opposition abusively. This has been going on in the world of football for a very long time now, we can't change the fact. 

True - it's just one of those things along with racism that just won't even go away and the authorities aren't doing enough to stamp it out.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Yet you would happily chant it without even so much as clue what it meant? Do you understand how stupid that is? This is why football have earned thier unfortunate reputation. It takes just one homophobic or racist prat among thousands to start something, swearing and slurring that there aren't literally hundreds of kids around him, and the ignorant idiots start joining in like sheep without so much a clue that there're even saying. 95% of football fans are perfectly civilised people almost all the time, but 90 minutes between two whistle blows at the weekend, they mould into a hoard of Neanderthals, and that's apparently a valid excuse for thier rancid, prejudiced and even violent behaviour. This is why I gave up on football years ago, because I no longer trusted that those people were really OK. I didn't know, still don't know, what version of that football fan was the real person. The dickhead during the game, or the happy, Joyful Joe during the rest of the time.

1 minute ago, Shagger said:

Yet you would happily chant it without even so much as clue what it meant? Do you understand how stupid that is? This is why football have earned thier unfortunate reputation. It takes just one homophobic or racist prat among thousands to start something, swearing and slurring that there aren't literally hundreds of kids around him, and the ignorant idiots start joining in like sheep without so much a clue that there're even saying. 95% of football fans are perfectly civilised people almost all the time, but 90 minutes between two whistle blows at the weekend, they mould into a hoard of Neanderthals, and that's apparently a valid excuse for thier rancid, prejudiced and even violent behaviour. This is why I gave up on football years ago, because I no longer trusted that those people were really OK. I didn't know, still don't know, what version of that football fan was the real person. The dickhead during the game, or the happy, Joyful Joe during the rest of the time.

You seem to be rather argumentative today - what the hell is your problem?

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

True - it's just one of those things along with racism that just won't even go away and the authorities aren't doing enough to stamp it out.

Racism will be around lifetime, not that I'm supporting racism, but their is no way we can get away with toxic people. The football authorities are doing their utmost best as they may say, but it's not enough to save the game from racial abuse amongst fans. 

Just now, killamch89 said:

You seem to be rather argumentative today - what the hell is your problem?

Good reply, I find myself very distracted...

actually-i-dont-i-dont.gif.ed0b341c1eb4c0dc0bfadaba61ff0d90.gif

Now, if you don't mind either answer the points raised or don't answer at all.

Resisting the urge to press your phone while sitting with people older than you(, like people more than 40 years ) atleast someone you Accord some level of respect is seen as polite, but I have never really obeyed that rule either. Lol

2 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Good reply, I find myself very distracted...

actually-i-dont-i-dont.gif.ed0b341c1eb4c0dc0bfadaba61ff0d90.gif

Now, if you don't mind either answer the points raised or don't answer at all.

Could you try to bring across your point without trying to be passive aggressive like a normal person? I made the point earlier that it's weird that for as long as I remember, they've been referred to as rent boys but it's only in the past two years has anyone made an issue over it. I just brought up the point that why wasn't it addressed earlier.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Could you try to bring across your point without trying to be passive aggressive like a normal person? I made the point earlier that it's weird that for as long as I remember, they've been referred to as rent boys but it's only in the past two years has anyone made an issue over it. I just brought up the point that why wasn't it addressed earlier.

I’m speaking on this as an outsider, but there have been several instances where these terms were always offensive to the original demographic, but at the time they were considered buzzkills (or worse) for bringing it up, and subsequently got blown off. It just took time for someone to come into a position of power to say something about it.

10+ years ago for me, it was totally acceptable to call people variations of the word fag, and anything lame was called gay. People complained about it back then, but they were few and far between, and if they did, they were blown off, killing our fun.

2 hours ago, Grungie said:

I’m speaking on this as an outsider, but there have been several instances where these terms were always offensive to the original demographic, but at the time they were considered buzzkills (or worse) for bringing it up, and subsequently got blown off. It just took time for someone to come into a position of power to say something about it.

10+ years ago for me, it was totally acceptable to call people variations of the word fag, and anything lame was called gay. People complained about it back then, but they were few and far between, and if they did, they were blown off, killing our fun.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Just because something was tolerated in the past, doesn't mean it was ever right. Most of us are probably aware of how racist some of Disney's early films were, like the crows from Dumbo for example. It's the same with this. Nobody speaking up about it is not a sign that something is morally sound.