Register Now
The Blackangel

Horizon Forbidden West

I got this game as part of a bundle, but I know nothing about it. I want to get some opinions as well as info that would tell me what the game even is. I could look it up on YouTube or wikipedia, but I want to get some firsthand opinions, as well as unbiased descriptions of the game.

Edited by The Blackangel

This is the second game in this franchise.  If you haven't played the first game, Horizon Zero Dawn, then I very strongly recommend you play that first.  The second game shows a bunch of spoilers for the first immediately.

In terms of gameplay they have a lot of elements from other third person stealth/action RPG's like Assassin's Creed, Witcher 3, Zelda BOTW and so on.  You fight both humans and machines using bows, your spear traps, and various other weapons.

I don't want to say to much about the story so I just give a brief overview.  It's set on Earth in a post, post Apocalypse and you play as Aloy, an outcast of one of the tribes in this World The Nora. 

Horizon Zero Dawn follows Aloy as she explores trying answers about her origins.  As she does she discovers more about the world, how it came to be and ultimately how to save it.

Horizon Forbidden West follows up directly from the event's of Zero Dawn where Aloy continues her efforts to stop the world from ending and discovers the ultimate truth of what was the root cause of the events of Zero Dawn.

I think that both games are fantastic but I've got be honest, I'm not completely sure of they would be your kinda thing @The Blackangel.  They are big open world action RPG's in the same vain a Assassin's Creed, Witcher 3 and Skyrim and I've seen some your posts where your thoughts about these kind of games are pretty mixed.  I'd recommend trying the first game (if you don't have a copy they should be dirt cheap) for a while and seeing what you think.

On 7/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, Empire said:

It's an amazing sequel with a beautiful crafted world, an amazing combat system and a pretty good evolving storyline from what most people are saying, Why not play it and might LOVE IT

This trailer is amazing and I now seem to understand why Aloy was so relentless,   forbidden west would help to further explain the story from what it is was in zero Dawn.

More reason why I need to get this game.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

This trailer is amazing and I now seem to understand why Aloy was so relentless,   forbidden west would help to further explain the story from what it is was in zero Dawn.

More reason why I need to get this game.

If you like what you see and it has open your eyes then you should get the game and play it, make your own review 🙂 

3 hours ago, Empire said:

If you like what you see and it has open your eyes then you should get the game and play it, make your own review 🙂 

I have to but I already have a few games I haven't completed yet and getting forbidden west would mean it would have to stay unplayed for a couple of Weeks. So that's the reason for my hesitations.

I hate it that I don't have enough time as I did in the past.

Even when this game (horizon forbidden west) is cheaper than majority of 2022 games, I am yet to get started with the game. Not that, I don't see quality in the game but for the fact that I wouldn't have chance to enjoy it, made me leaving it out. 

On 7/26/2022 at 5:44 AM, Empire said:

It's an amazing sequel with a beautiful crafted world, an amazing combat system and a pretty good evolving storyline from what most people are saying, Why not play it and might LOVE IT

Ok I've been watching this trailer for the last month or so, and I have a question. Are the animals in this game all machines, or is there something else going on?

On 8/20/2022 at 6:08 PM, The Blackangel said:

Ok I've been watching this trailer for the last month or so, and I have a question. Are the animals in this game all machines, or is there something else going on?

There are regular animals in the game and you can hunt them for resources. To explain what the machines are would lead into spoiler territory, so I'm afraid I can't really say, but the machines haven't replaced the animals if that makes sense.

Edited by Shagger

Horizon Forbidden West in summary is an upgrade from its first release which was Horizon Zero Dawn. You enjoy playing open world games from your run in with Red Dead Redemption 2, Horizon Forbidden West will give you something good to enjoy. The games vegetation is so lively that I lack words to truly explain it. You should start playing it already, you're gonna love it. 

On 8/20/2022 at 6:08 PM, The Blackangel said:

Not all are machines, only the so called big dinosaurs machines, that's what they look like then again I might be wrong as they are just there one time or not. 

On 7/26/2022 at 11:44 AM, Empire said:

Horizon Forbidden West was pulling a lot of waves when it came out early this year. It was on most gamers lips until Elden Ring dropped and it seemed like it overshadowed the game. But it never changed anything about how good the game is. 

On 8/22/2022 at 5:42 AM, Empire said:

Not all are machines, only the so called big dinosaurs machines, that's what they look like then again I might be wrong as they are just there one time or not. 

It looked like some were domesticated and others weren't. That's the main thing that confused me.

On 8/19/2022 at 5:22 PM, Justin11 said:

Even when this game (horizon forbidden west) is cheaper than majority of 2022 games, I am yet to get started with the game. Not that, I don't see quality in the game but for the fact that I wouldn't have chance to enjoy it, made me leaving it out. 

You actually said in one of your former post that you had to give up getting Horizon Forbidden West as a result of having to choose getting Gran Turismo 7 ahead of it because you're more into racing games. Maybe this is another reason you didn't get it too I suppose. 

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

You actually said in one of your former post that you had to give up getting Horizon Forbidden West as a result of having to choose getting Gran Turismo 7 ahead of it because you're more into racing games. Maybe this is another reason you didn't get it too I suppose. 

Yes of course, I wouldn't go for a game that I wouldn't have the time to play. At the moment, I don't play much of the games due to my job schedule online, I'm mostly into racing games, and GT 7 happens to be one of my favourites.