Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you wanted to play, and then changed your mind about?

On 8/14/2022 at 12:30 PM, Clasher said:

I didn't actually get into portal 2 though was kinda popular and everyone I know was talking about it at the, I even considered getting it for my PlayStation 3 but changed my mind afterwards.

Puzzle games aren't really my forte.

Portal 2 was actually one of Co-op games in first person shooter that I really enjoyed where you can decide to play in a single player mode or multiplayer mode. 

Which character was your favorite in the game? 

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Portal 2 was actually one of Co-op games in first person shooter that I really enjoyed where you can decide to play in a single player mode or multiplayer mode. 

I can't have a favorite character in a game I never played.

The thread is meant for posting games you wanted to play but changed your mind and Portal 2 is one of them.

And also portal 2 is not a first person shooter game but a first person perspective puzzle game.

10 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Battlefield 2042. The game looked amazing from the previews, the beta was like any other Modern Warfare beta, but when the game launched, it was completely awful. 

Battlefield 2042 is a complete a trash. In my candid opinion, I'm not sure if the game franchise is going to recover to what it used to be after what happened with Battlefield 2042. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

My nephew has always tried to get me to play Portal 2. I played a bit of Portal through the orange box, but never got far into it. My nephew is in love with the series and said he played 1 and 2 over a few times. I suck at games like Portal, because I hate having to make precise movements to get through a level. But he seems to be a pro now days haha. 

But yeah, I wanted to finish both games, but I just couldn't get into them for long. Same with the Half Life games. They're great and all, but I just could never really stick with them for long. 

Back in 2016 the year that saw the release of watch dogs 2 there is this indie game called the witness that was release in the early parts of that same year.

I was interested in it but then something happened and I just forgot about purchasing it. It was available on PlayStation 4 , I haven't heard anything about this game ever since I don't know if it going to get a sequel or a remake anytime soon.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:45 AM, Kane99 said:

My nephew has always tried to get me to play Portal 2. I played a bit of Portal through the orange box, but never got far into it. My nephew is in love with the series and said he played 1 and 2 over a few times. I suck at games like Portal, because I hate having to make precise movements to get through a level. But he seems to be a pro now days haha. 

But yeah, I wanted to finish both games, but I just couldn't get into them for long. Same with the Half Life games. They're great and all, but I just could never really stick with them for long. 

One thing that I realised from playing the game for a long time was the the more you give it playing time, even though it's too technical to play, the more you get used to its gaming parameters and automatically, you will become good at it. 

I haven't played Half Life 2 good enough but I'm sure that if I do, I'm going to do well at it. 

On 8/18/2022 at 2:39 AM, Justin11 said:

I nearly purchased Horizon Forbidden West when it came out, but changed my mind even if the price is affordable at $34. Not because the game wasn't cool for me to get in, it is because, I went for 'GT 7. 

It's going to take a very long time before they sell Horizon Forbidden West for $34. I purchased it at $59.99 and I'm sure it still sells for the same amount on Playstation Store. What just happened with you in the game is a case of priority and it's why you went for Gran Turismo 7. 

On 8/16/2022 at 2:38 PM, Syntax said:

Battlefield 2042. The game looked amazing from the previews, the beta was like any other Modern Warfare beta, but when the game launched, it was completely awful. 

Same - I was telling everyone I was looking forward to it but then my friends played the Beta and I saw the disastrous release, I just didn't bother.

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. I was elated to see that the games that got me into the series were being remade then I saw that they changed the art style so that the characters all look like little chibi plush toys and that it would be a complete 1:1 remake. Not just that but they didn't bring megas back, they didn't even work on the games themselves and just chucked the project to ILCA so they can work on the arceus side game. Not spending like £50 on an overglorified remaster.

Edited by NightmareFarm

On 8/9/2022 at 5:31 AM, Clasher said:

The Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff Pack is another game I wanted to purchase though I wasn't that big on Simulators but when it was finally released in 2021 I just changed my mind about it and got RIDE 4 instead.

I don't blame you - the Sims gets pretty boring after a week or so. It's why I can't get back into the series.

On 9/12/2022 at 9:38 AM, Heatman said:

It's going to take a very long time before they sell Horizon Forbidden West for $34. I purchased it at $59.99 and I'm sure it still sells for the same amount on Playstation Store. What just happened with you in the game is a case of priority and it's why you went for Gran Turismo 7. 

Yes, it was a thing of priority man, I love racing games. And when I heard that GT 7 will debut first time on PS4 and PS5, I couldn't wait much, I just have to move on to the game. GT series is one of my favourite racing game of all-time. 

2 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, it was a thing of priority man, I love racing games. And when I heard that GT 7 will debut first time on PS4 and PS5, I couldn't wait much, I just have to move on to the game. GT series is one of my favourite racing game of all-time. 

It's completely understandable. I would most likely make the same decision if one of the game's happened to be my favourite game genre. It's not going to be too difficult choosing it over the other game. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's completely understandable. I would most likely make the same decision if one of the game's happened to be my favourite game genre. It's not going to be too difficult choosing it over the other game. 

Yes, that's the case with mine. I've been playing GT games since my childhood. So, when I heard that GT 7 will debut on PS4 and PS5, I couldn't have any other option but to save money for it. So, when I saw other better games with lower price, I couldn't go for them since my mind is made up to buy GT 7.