Register Now
Kane99

10 video games banned around the world

This is an interesting list of games banned in certain parts of the world. Some example from the article below are; Fallout 3 is banned in India because of there being two headed mutant cows, and I guess in India, cows are very sacred animals. Another example is Pokemon Go, which was banned in Malaysia because of, and I quote: "The game promoted the search for power". What that means I have no clue, and neither does the article writer lol. Even Animal Crossing: New Horizons was banned in China because people were able to make clothing items that were against China and people can go to other islands wearing it, and so they decided to just outright ban the game.

There are others on this list, but you can read the rest here - https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/banned-video-games

Any of these odd to you? 

Could the Mutant Two headed Cow be a disrespect to Indian Religion? There's a possibility in that and that's the only reason why I would sympathise with Indian government and the people for having their religion disrespected. But outside Indian, it doesn't disrespect any religion. 

Then, I'm all in support for Belgium banned the game Mario Kart Tour in their country because of seeing loothboxes as a means of gambling which is exactly what it is. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

Could the Mutant Two headed Cow be a disrespect to Indian Religion? There's a possibility in that and that's the only reason why I would sympathise with Indian government and the people for having their religion disrespected. But outside Indian, it doesn't disrespect any religion. 

Then, I'm all in support for Belgium banned the game Mario Kart Tour in their country because of seeing loothboxes as a means of gambling which is exactly what it is. 

Well the whole point is that they are banned in those countries because said countries believe something in the game is against their beliefs or is offensive to them in some way. Here in the US, they can pretty much keep it as they intended. 

Sucks that it is this way, but sometimes you have to appease them in order to get your games to sell over there. 

On 8/10/2022 at 12:17 PM, Kane99 said:

This is an interesting list of games banned in certain parts of the world. Some example from the article below are; Fallout 3 is banned in India because of there being two headed mutant cows, and I guess in India, cows are very sacred animals. Another example is Pokemon Go, which was banned in Malaysia because of, and I quote: "The game promoted the search for power". What that means I have no clue, and neither does the article writer lol. Even Animal Crossing: New Horizons was banned in China because people were able to make clothing items that were against China and people can go to other islands wearing it, and so they decided to just outright ban the game.

There are others on this list, but you can read the rest here - https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/banned-video-games

Any of these odd to you? 

LOL! Not odd because I can understand where they're coming from even if it is stupid. Leaders in other countries are always concerned about things that go against their belief systems or their governments. As for the one about the search for power...they don't wanna put any ideas in their heads to make them try to overthrow the government. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well the whole point is that they are banned in those countries because said countries believe something in the game is against their beliefs or is offensive to them in some way. Here in the US, they can pretty much keep it as they intended. 

Sucks that it is this way, but sometimes you have to appease them in order to get your games to sell over there. 

You know sometimes, all those are minor details that game developers wouldn't even be aware of when developing the game. It's only going to become a dawning reality when the game is launched and it breaches some countries rules or whatever they might call it and there's no turning back from that for the game. 

I still can't relate to why the sims 4 was Banned in Uzbekistan but I know quite a few number  of Islam Dominated countries had some certain rules and regulations concerning dressing and certain lifestyle choices amongst their citizens.

One of the factors developers of games should know is that there are animals that are sacred in some countries. That was the mistake developers of Fallout 3 did when they made fun of cows in the storyline without knowing cows are worshiped in India. 

2 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

One of the factors developers of games should know is that there are animals that are sacred in some countries. That was the mistake developers of Fallout 3 did when they made fun of cows in the storyline without knowing cows are worshiped in India. 

Oh for sure. There will always be those that aren't good with certain depictions. And they have every right to ban those games until it's changed. 

Every country differs in their beliefs and if there is something they take offense to, we need to respect that. Otherwise those games won't do well in those countries.

4 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

It's all about taking everything into consideration when developing any games because when you think everything works well in zone A, then it doesn't on zone B. The truth of the matter is it's a lot of work but it's something that's worth doing because you would only have to do it once. 

On 8/11/2022 at 1:17 AM, Kane99 said:

Any of these odd to you? 

Haha thats so funny XD 

I know in China almost all games you can play with foreigners are banned though, they want absolutely noooo one communicating with the outside world TBH unless its to shittalk people overseas xdddd

Loot boxes are def pretty much gambling and Malaysia means that it makes you want to chase "power" and if I'm not mistaken Malaysia is heavily Muslim. 

Every country has whatever right to ban anything that goes against their wish. China, are used to banning, I am not surprised with the kind of games they banned completely to preserve their law. Every country abide by laws, even if my country didn't ban any game, it doesn't mean we don't ban any other unregulated events. I am happy that my country allowed any sort of video game to be played. 

21 hours ago, Empire Of Sight said:

Haha thats so funny XD 

I know in China almost all games you can play with foreigners are banned though, they want absolutely noooo one communicating with the outside world TBH unless its to shittalk people overseas xdddd

Loot boxes are def pretty much gambling and Malaysia means that it makes you want to chase "power" and if I'm not mistaken Malaysia is heavily Muslim. 

China 🇨🇳 is the king of game banning. I don't think that there's any country out there that bans games the way China does. If every country out there bans games the way China does, we wouldn't have any games left to play. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

China 🇨🇳 is the king of game banning. I don't think that there's any country out there that bans games the way China does. If every country out there bans games the way China does, we wouldn't have any games left to play. 

Yeah its true xD , for me staying here its been difficult especially in the start... I remember trying to play world of warcraft when Vanilla re dropped and I had to run a VPN the entire time and it pretty much killed me trying to access it , but they did allow the Chinese version to be played with "less blood" however it was almost 100% identical.. I personally think a lot of it has to do with Chinese companies profiting off of it more than if they were buying directly from western countries. 

Like the version of LOL thats here is much more vulgar in terms of character images. Almost all are super sexual and targeting to young boys desire to see half naked sexy girls.

Thankfully they do make decent games though and their really cheap to play IMO

On 8/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, Empire Of Sight said:

Haha thats so funny XD 

I don't know about the last part, but I wish the US stopped loot boxes. It heavily promotes gambling and I wish they would follow some of the other countries that try to ban them from games. I don't mind microtransactions, because you at least know what you're getting, but with loot boxes, you don't get that and in turn could be wasting money. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't know about the last part, but I wish the US stopped loot boxes. It heavily promotes gambling and I wish they would follow some of the other countries that try to ban them from games. I don't mind microtransactions, because you at least know what you're getting, but with loot boxes, you don't get that and in turn could be wasting money. 

Oh yeah loot boxes are def gambling, but I was meaning Malaysia as the power topic ❤️

Look boxes are super sketchy unless you can put an item in them that balances out the floor price of the box. For example if the box is $10 and you buy it then it should contain something no more than 10-20% less than the floor price in there that you would almost always get. Such as a skin, gun, etc etc etc that the company already sells on their site as a micro transaction. 

Once again though I do agree loot boxes are a risky thing and wouldn't suggest it in full or there should be a cap on how many boxes you could possibly get or a way to get the same loot boxes for "time played" within the game.