Register Now
The Blackangel

Top 20 Most Influential Video Games of All Time

I do feel like Sega's first JRPG Phantasy Star deserved a spot on this list. Phantasy Star did some groundbreaking advanced game play for its time that was later used by others. One thing I don't think you mentioned is what inspired Final Fantasy. It was Dragon Quest. I do like that you gave a little history about what was going on with Sqauresoft before they made Final Fantasy though. I feel like that's something not many know.

Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat are really influential games and up till date my gaming journey wouldn't be complete if I don't mention them, started playing mortal Kombat on PC back in the early 2000's.

Metal gear solid also made the list and I would say it's a well deserving inclusion. 

I don't think their is any child during my childhood that will disagree GTA S.A not being the best action game ever since it came into the video game fold. Back then in PS2, if you don't own one, then you don't have anything cool game in your backlog. 

Man they did a horrible job listing the chapters in this video. Anyway, went through it and I agree with the majority of these games. I would probably replace Half-Life with Half-Life 2, as I feel like that game gets more love than the original game did, but it is most "influential" so I can see it working still. 

Even with just seeing the thread title and I said to myself immediately that if it's a compilation from WatchMojo, I'm all in support of it 95% and it was from WatchMojo. Take a look at what Mortal Kombat have aged so well till date. It's one my favourite fighting games. 

Mortal Kombat formed a big part of my earliest experience with Video games, I could remember sneaking out of the house to go play mortal Kombat at my friends place who lives two street away from us and till date date mortal Kombat has still managed to remain relevant.