Register Now
Kane99

Last of Us Remake (PS4 Pro & PS5 Comparison)

The Last Of Us Remake recently dropped and before it many people complained about the price point, myself included. But after watching the comparison video, it does look like a lot was changed. I still don't agree it's worthy of a $70 price tag, but it does look like a much better looking game, especially with the lighting. Even though I don't think it was something we needed. 

Do you still think it's worth the price? 

5 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I love The Last of Us and this has clearly had more work done than a mere upscale.  I've still got to be honest and it just looks different, not better.  I'd maybe be on board of they were launching it on PC but as of now no, it's not worth it.

Yeah I kinda feel the same way. The updated graphics kinda look worse in some ways. Maybe it's because they're trying to go for more gritty realism with the lighting and effects. But I noticed a lot of the buildings look less impressive, at least inside. Where the original remaster had some color in the inside parts of buildings, it looks like they made it more dark and bland. But, I have no intentions of ever getting this version. Playing through the game once already on the PS3 was enough for me. 

3 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Better in terms of graphics? In most cases - yes but why make a PS only remake? They're just milking the series at this point. I mean, LOU 2 just came out not too long ago.

There is a PC port of TLOU Part 1 (the new game) coming.

I believe, they created this remake just so they can have the budget for TLOUpt3 development. Does it justify the $70 price? No. But I’ll still buy this game because I really want to see and experience the improvements. The Remastered is a bit outdated as well so this remake is really the best version of this game.

Just now, Kane99 said:

Imagine the PC version with mods, people are going to get crazy with their games. You thought seeing Homer and Bart in God of War was one thing, wait until you see what people cook up for the last of us part 1. 😄 

Considering how pervy many mods are... I'm a little concerned.  I'm sure their will be some cool stuff as well.  The game was seemingly developed on Havok Engine or at least on Havok Engine Suite so it should be pretty moddable when it comes out on PC.

33 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Considering how pervy many mods are... I'm a little concerned.  I'm sure their will be some cool stuff as well.  The game was seemingly developed on Havok Engine or at least on Havok Engine Suite so it should be pretty moddable when it comes out on PC.

That's a given. I'm sure Spider-man and God of War have some creepy mods out there. I'm more interested in seeing what crazy stuff people can mod in. Obviously character models, but they could probably add weapons and other fun things. 

On 9/4/2022 at 3:59 PM, Kane99 said:

Imagine the PC version with mods, people are going to get crazy with their games. You thought seeing Homer and Bart in God of War was one thing, wait until you see what people cook up for the last of us part 1. 😄 

That's if Naughty Dog make the creation tools accessible to the PC community.