Jump to content
Register Now
Techno

GTA 6 has leaked

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

This cracked me up. Well, if that is the story of how the GTA 6 got leaked, then I think it is just like what always happen in the gaming industry. Many are now talking more about the game coming up in a couple of months.

It's mostly exaggerated humor with some facts mixed in but this whole situation did show us that most gaming companies don't really invest in top of the line cyber security software. Ubisoft servers has been hacked multiple time in recent years and yet they haven't tried to invest more of their capital into securing their servers. Mind you, this is just one example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2022 at 3:14 AM, killamch89 said:

It's mostly exaggerated humor with some facts mixed in but this whole situation did show us that most gaming companies don't really invest in top of the line cyber security software. Ubisoft servers has been hacked multiple time in recent years and yet they haven't tried to invest more of their capital into securing their servers. Mind you, this is just one example.

 Another problem is how they treat their developers. They feel most of them are replaceable, not factoring the problem replacing a top developer with years of experience can cause to the company when they do it the wrong way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2022 at 1:39 AM, Demon_skeith said:

It wouldn't make sense to do it, but a company would if most of the game along with its source code was leaked as that would be loss of marketing and security for game to not be hacked. I recall half life 2 being scrapped at 80 percent completion due to such a situation.

We're talking about GTA though, this game would break sales records even with minimal marketing. I'm willing to bet this leak made more people interested in the game. 

And it's still very early stages of development. I'm sure they'll have it figured out by release.

The only things I'm aware that were released was video of the game, no actual code or anything like that was shared to my knowledge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just watched the leaked footage and it’s actually really good I’m finally glad to see that they are working on the game and they’re actually pretty far into development I’m excited

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2022 at 7:41 AM, Dhruvguy said:

I just watched the leaked footage and it’s actually really good I’m finally glad to see that they are working on the game and they’re actually pretty far into development I’m excited

I'm still struggling to get to the ending part of GTA 5, now I'm seeing the footage of the leaked GTA 6 coming, hmm. With such, I'll still end halfway with GTA 5 when the edition 6 comes out. Unless, it will take another two years to come into existence, then I can finish up GTA 5 before the sequel comes out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I'm still struggling to get to the ending part of GTA 5, now I'm seeing the footage of the leaked GTA 6 coming, hmm. With such, I'll still end halfway with GTA 5 when the edition 6 comes out. Unless, it will take another two years to come into existence, then I can finish up GTA 5 before the sequel comes out. 

I'm willing to bet you have more than enough time to complete GTA V. GTA VI won't be coming out for a while yet, likely another 2 years. The game looks to be getting close to completion, but it's clear there is still a lot of work to do before it officially releases. I think you have more than enough time. 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2022 at 2:41 PM, Kane99 said:

We're talking about GTA though, this game would break sales records even with minimal marketing. I'm willing to bet this leak made more people interested in the game. 

And it's still very early stages of development. I'm sure they'll have it figured out by release.

The only things I'm aware that were released was video of the game, no actual code or anything like that was shared to my knowledge. 

Exactly - this does benefit Rockstar as fans no longer have to be speculating if GTA VI is truly in development and far along are they.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I'm willing to bet you have more than enough time to complete GTA V. GTA VI won't be coming out for a while yet, likely another 2 years. The game looks to be getting close to completion, but it's clear there is still a lot of work to do before it officially releases. I think you have more than enough time. 🙂 

Yes, I have more than enough time to complete the game, GTA V, unless laziness stops me from completing it. At times I can feel so lazy to even raise my controller up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2022 at 2:40 PM, killamch89 said:

Exactly - this does benefit Rockstar as fans no longer have to be speculating if GTA VI is truly in development and far along are they.

But there is also a bad thing that can come of this. If game content like this keeps getting released, we may not see early teases for games in the future. I can't imagine the debs are too pleased about people leaking the game, especially when it's not nearly done yet. When they see fans doing this sort of stuff, it then pushes Rockstar to not reveal much of anything in the future. 

On 10/6/2022 at 4:58 PM, Justin11 said:

Yes, I have more than enough time to complete the game, GTA V, unless laziness stops me from completing it. At times I can feel so lazy to even raise my controller up. 

No worries. You have a lot of time yet to finish it up. I doubt it'll be coming out in the next year or two. I'm a lazy gamer myself too. With GTA V at least, it is pretty easy to get through for the most part. Some hard missions here and there, but for the most part it's a fairly easy game to get through. At least imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

But there is also a bad thing that can come of this. If game content like this keeps getting released, we may not see early teases for games in the future. I can't imagine the debs are too pleased about people leaking the game, especially when it's not nearly done yet. When they see fans doing this sort of stuff, it then pushes Rockstar to not reveal much of anything in the future. 

No worries. You have a lot of time yet to finish it up. I doubt it'll be coming out in the next year or two. I'm a lazy gamer myself too. With GTA V at least, it is pretty easy to get through for the most part. Some hard missions here and there, but for the most part it's a fairly easy game to get through. At least imo. 

Good one. The most important thing is that I'm enjoying myself while playing GTA 5. I am not playing it like a want to finish it anytime soon. But if I manage to finish it before the sequel, I'll be ecstatic that I ended a good game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2022 at 1:38 PM, Kane99 said:

But there is also a bad thing that can come of this. If game content like this keeps getting released, we may not see early teases for games in the future. I can't imagine the debs are too pleased about people leaking the game, especially when it's not nearly done yet. When they see fans doing this sort of stuff, it then pushes Rockstar to not reveal much of anything in the future. 

The GTA franchise has a very loyal following - almost cult-like in some regard so the fans wouldn't care as much about the leaks as long as they know a game is in the works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was actually quite shocked to see that GTA 6 had been leaked and then for Rockstar to come forward and confirm that was the case and it was in actual fact leaked was even more of a shock. Understandably they are going to be annoyed and frustrated as any game developer would be due to the fact that they have spent so long preparing this game just for it to get leaked before they could even say anything. I really do hope the FBI find out who the hacker was, and the hacker gets what they deserve because this wasn't just awful for Rockstar, but it was awful for the fans of GTA who want the hype when a new game is released and now, they may lose that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...