Register Now
Kane99

Hyperkin reveals official Xbox 360 replica controller for Xbox and PC

If you want to go back in time a bit and use an Xbox 360 controller, you can, because Xbox 360 controllers still work, but... they don't work for the current Xbox consoles, just PC and the 360. Well Hyperkin has changed that and re-released an Xbox 360 controller that looks like the classic white arcade controller we all know from the early Xbox 360 days. This controller has pretty much the same design as the original aside from the Xbox One/Series X/S controls being present. Check it out below if you want. I still really like the 360 controller, so I may pick this up if there are other colors. 

Only concern I have is the price, I don't know it. I hope it's fairly priced around the $60 price tag at most. Otherwise lower if possible would be nice. :) 

eExqUGpTeJmwKb7D5A6Dp6-970-80.jpg.webp

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/hyperkin-reveals-official-xbox-360-replica-controller-for-xbox-and-pc

I sense a major case of retro-gouging is about to happen here.

To me, they would be justified at selling this for the same price as an Xbox Series controller if it comes with the same features. From what I can see in the article, it does seem to be effectively a bang up to date controller with the 360 paint job with what looks like the same compatibly, Bluetooth wireless and USB-C charge port. I do like it, but I have no faith that they will sell it at a fair price.

6 minutes ago, Shagger said:

I sense a major case of retro-gouging is about to happen here.

To me, they would be justified at selling this for the same price as an Xbox Series controller if it comes with the same features. From what I can see in the article, it does seem to be effectively a bang up to date controller with the 360 paint job with what looks like the same compatibly, Bluetooth wireless and USB-C charge port. I do like it, but I have no faith that they will sell it at a fair price.

It's also hyperkin, so they might charge a bit extra as well. But to be fair, I think their release of the Duke controller was kinda fairly priced, but I think it's gone up recently in price, so maybe I'm wrong on that now. As long as it's priced around the same, or hell, even lower, I'll be happy. Controllers these days are so expensive, and it seems like the third party ones tend to be a bit cheaper in price. Hyperkin not always the case, but they aren't too expensive, so I have hope this too isn't too expensive. 

As for retro-gouging, I believe ya on that. I can see some collectors buying this because of the retro look of it. Saying retro for the 360, feels so weird lol. I know people who collect controllers, and they'll be after this for sure. 

Looking back at this brought a whole lot or memories back for sure! It just goes to show how much the controllers have changed over the years and how much you don't fully realize it until you see one from a while back and see the changes made. The price tag is definitely not one I am too keen on but it is something I would love to get my hands on if I was able to and had the funds. 

I would love to pick this up just for the novelty of it. However, the fact it's not wireless is a bit of a bummer for me. For the price of the controller, I would expect it to be wireless like the regular Xbox One/Series X controllers. I don't know, I might still pick one up at some point, we'll have to wait and see. 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The price makes me not want it especially when it lacks quite a bit of features compared to the current Xbox controllers on the market.

What does it lack exactly? It has all the same features as a new Xbox Series X and S controller from what I see. It's not exactly the same as the 360 controller. It's just using the design and same buttons, but also includes the Xbox Series X/S buttons that aren't included in the original 360 controller. 

Also I don't think the controller is out yet, as I can't find it on Amazon or Hyperkin's site yet. So price hasn't been announced either. 

Edited by Kane99