Register Now
Smokey

Buy an OLED switch or wait?

I been thinking about buying a Switch for awhile now. Should I buy the OLED model in a few months? Or do I wait and see if Nintendo puts out a "Switch Pro" or 4K model?  What do you think the odds of an upgraded, new Switch being released are?  Do I buy now or wait?

Yeah I think that's probably accurate tbh. I was thinking that myself, and in typical Nintendo fashion, it most likely won't be backwards compatible either.......so might just bite the bullet and pick up an OLED in a few months when I'm a bit better off financially and can splurge a little.

I would definitely jump on  the OLED if you are wanting to grab a Switch now. I don't see Nintendo myself releasing anything anymore upgraded any time soon and with there not being any announcements or even rumors at the moment of anything further from Nintendo, you could be waiting a long time for anything. If you are serious about jumping on the Nintendo Switch now go for the OLED.

I play on a Switch Lite, and it does everything I need/want it to do. Also it's a lot cheaper than the OLED. If you're don't know how often you will be using it, or plan to use it sparingly, I say go for the Lite. You save money, yet still get an awesome system. And as of right now, the OLED and Lite are only physically different. There's no games that one can play that the other can't. But if you want the docking ability, then forget the Lite and go for the OLED. If you're wanting something only for portability, then go for the Lite.

Also if you have a Switch already, and buy a new one for whatever reason, you can just click redownload on your Switch after you have logged into your account, and all your DDL's will download. If you have a massive library like me, you will probably have to click the redownload button more than once. Also you can transfer your save data from one Switch to another.

Edited by The Blackangel

If you want a switch, there is no better time like now. We have being hearing about the “switch pro” for like 3 years now, and Nintendo have said that the switch have reach its half way point it’s life time, so I would guess where are not gonna see a new switch not before 2024.

Honestly I'd wait to get a new Nintendo console. I imagine we're due for a new Nintendo console, either a new Switch pro with better hardware, or a completely new console altogether. I think Nintendo will release a new Switch model with better hardware, and a better screen and maybe even an updated controller. I don't think they need to produce a new console outright. 

It's time for an upgrade, and I would just wait for a new switch model to come out instead of buying what's out now. Unless you really want a switch, in which case, just get the newest model they have now. I'm just going to wait until they release a new console, whether it be a new switch or something else.