Register Now
The Blackangel

A game you love on a system you hate

We all have the systems and games that we love. We all have systems and games that we hate. But what is a game you love that was featured on a system you despise? For me it has to be Soul Calibur II on the Game Cube. I love the game. I mainly wanted that one because it featured Link as a fighter. But I hate the Game Cube. The controller was so jacked up that half the buttons on the damn thing were useless. I didn't mind the mini-discs. I didn't mind the shape of the thing. Being compact like that really was a bonus for it. But the game selection on it was subpar at best. Also that was the system they released the worst abomination from the entire Legend Of Zelda franchise. Wind Waker was sickening from the start. It was so disgustingly ugly. A damn cartoon for what had previously been a great series. At least on the Wii they went back to graphics that weren't drawn by a 3 year old.

I'm not a fan of the Wii either. The motion control was neat at first, but after 2 weeks the novelty had passed. The only game on Wii that I liked despite hating the system is Mario Kart. Being able to steer that game with a steering wheel instead of a typical handheld controller was really cool. But that game alone wasn't able to save the system from my hate.

Kinda interesting that I'm a Nintendo girl, but hate 2 of their most recent systems. I've never been a fan of Xbox in general, but I'm leaving that one off, as I don't hate it as much as I hate these 2 Nintendo's.

I love games. I have no care on what system I play them on. So I'm sorry, the concept of this thread is a bit alien to me. The closest I can get to an answer is playing games on PC because PC gaming really can be a complete pain in the ass at times, but there's so much that's good about PC gaming that I can't exactly claim to hate it.

For me the the quality of the system, IS the the quality of the games.  So I can't really there is a game I love on a system I hate.  I Love the PS2 because there were so many great games on it that I loved growing up.  I dislike the Wii because the majority of the gams on it were cheap, shovelware crap.  I could criticise aspects of a console outside of it's games like the ridiculous size of the Duke controllers on the OG XBox but I can easily look past these things if the games are good.

I wouldn't say that I hate any system to be honest but there is a console that I would say is the one I prefer the least and that is PlayStation. It was a case that Crash Bandicoot would only be playable on PlayStation until they released the game on all platforms. Back before it was available on the likes of Xbox as well as PlayStation I would often wish it was on Xbox because I never fully liked the PlayStation controllers compared to the Xbox controllers. I always found the Xbox controllers to be more comfortable and would much prefer to play games on there. 

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I've played Microscope three times and didn't find it fun. I love the concept, the fiction we created was great and creative, but the actual gameplay experience was just ... lacking. I think not having any recurring characters from scene to scene and so not caring about any of the characters is what kills it for me - the stuff that happens in the game is cool, but there's no reason to care about any of it.