Register Now
Smokey

Emulators on your phone?

Do you use any emulators on your phone? I have a few but i haven't used them in some time. They're mostly for Genesis and SNES. I do have a Dreamcast emulator but playing that on touch screen is very difficult 😛

I know you can get emulators for your phone but I haven't added any to my phone at all. I am intrigued though and may have to look into the best emulator to get as I would love to be able to go back to some older games I can no longer play now as I no longer have the console just for nostalgia purposes. 

Unfortunately for me I've got a iPhone and I would have to jailbreak it to even get emulators. I have a old Galaxy S7 that I could get emulators on, but it's battery is pretty much screwed up and can't hold a charge. Plus the phone is at least 6 or 7 years old at this point. I have other devices that I can emulate on though, such as a PS Vita.

You don't need jailbreak an iOS device to get emulators, look up AltStore as it allows for you to side load apps without any jailbreaks or doing anything outside of what normal orgs do to test their apps. 

Absolutely, I've played a ton of emulators on my phone over the years. Way back in like 2012 a friend of me showed me him playing Pokemon Firered on his phone, and I was totally sold. A little later I bought a PS3 controller (even though I didn't own a PS3 at the time) and a special clip to attach to my phone just to play PS1 games.

Last summer I spent a lot of my time playing PSP games on my phone using a Razer Kishi controller, which honestly is a perfect combination.

There was also a time a few years ago where I kind of stopped giving a shit at my job at the time, so I would bring a bluetooth controller to the office and just play GBA games on my phone for large parts of the day. 

On 5/4/2023 at 4:35 PM, Anders said:

Absolutely, I've played a ton of emulators on my phone over the years. Way back in like 2012 a friend of me showed me him playing Pokemon Firered on his phone, and I was totally sold. A little later I bought a PS3 controller (even though I didn't own a PS3 at the time) and a special clip to attach to my phone just to play PS1 games.

Last summer I spent a lot of my time playing PSP games on my phone using a Razer Kishi controller, which honestly is a perfect combination.

There was also a time a few years ago where I kind of stopped giving a shit at my job at the time, so I would bring a bluetooth controller to the office and just play GBA games on my phone for large parts of the day. 

I have Retroarch on my phone as well - It's saved me the time and effort of downloading individual emulators.

I tried using an emulator on my phone once and it was fun for the short period I played it, but then it seems after a certain time of using it there was a paywall behind the features, so I just scrapped it altogether.

On 12/13/2023 at 12:11 PM, Debashis said:

Yes, I use emulators on my phone occasionally. I have a few for Genesis and SNES, but I haven't used them recently. I also have a Dreamcast emulator, but playing games on a touch screen is quite challenging.

Have you tried getting an android mobile controller or something along those lines?