Register Now
Kane99

Would you want a video game to memorialize you in game after your death?

I always find it beautiful when a popular video game pays respects to a deceased fan of theirs, by inserting them in the game or inserting a note or an Easter egg referencing them. I think they did something for a World of Warcraft player who had passed away. They have a memorial for him in a certain area in the world. And I think there's been cases of other games paying respects to people who had passed on. 

Would you like to be memorialized in a video game like that? I'd be dead so I honestly wouldn't care, but I still think it's cool, because then that persons children or family can see that this person meant something to a lot of people. Or maybe just a few, but I still feel it's special for friends and family. What do you think? Would you want a memorial in your favorite video game after you died? 

I think it would be cool to be featured in a game after I passed. There was a well known Tech member on Sonic Retro who passed away in 2013, so there's a little homage to him in Sonic Mania which came out in 2017. When he was still alive he made a Sonic 1 hack that allowed you to play as a Motobug, there's a motobug named Jimmy in Sonic Mania that Heavy Robo rides. It's named after Polygon Jim, the guy who passed away. Makes sense since mania was created by members in the community. I thought that was really awesome.

I would like my death to be memorialized in a game like Assassins Creed Origins where pyramids were built and underground sacred passages. Jewels everywhere. Why the fuck not? I collect mineral specimens. I have seen and felt the magic.I want to be buried with my treasures. I am a dragon. Yeah, make that the game. I’m hoarding my treasures. I sleep with it; I feel it; I’m one with it. My family members wants to be incinerated. I used to want that until I saw beauty of gems. I want to be buried with them. Grant me it’s powers as a skeleton, spirit, soul. Things we can never understand. Nothing is real. But those rocks, they radiate energy. Something has to be real. When I die, respect the rocks I collected. Each one has a story. Bury me with them all. So that aliens will come down one day, thousands of years from now, and look at my body covered in minerals and crystals. They will think I was a king. 

I’m sure if you were a video game designer you could probably create a video game, with a character as yourself and having the ability for players to play through the different ages. Then, set the release date to when you die.Would take a ton of work but definitely possible 

This is something that's going to bring a sort of fame to the person in question. I'm very sure that most people will definitely be interested in having themselves immortalised in a video game. So many generations will about them with how they are portrayed in the game. It's only who doesn't like fame that will decline such a thing.